school employment for foreign teachers?

Anyone already in Bulgaria who is ready, willing and able to help those coming over? Job vacancies? Employment advice and information? Post it here!

Moderator: Moderator

neilmay
Super User!
Super User!

Postby neilmay » Sun May 08, 2011 7:11 pm

well not all my qualifications are printable here !!!

balkankiwi
Super User!
Super User!

Postby balkankiwi » Tue May 10, 2011 7:42 am

mememe wrote:
What's an "ESOL", please? .... It's not a qualification I recognise.

As has been noted, "ESOL" is just an acronym used in the English-teaching world. Others are "EFL" (English as a foreign language) and "ESL" (English as a second language).

The most recognised teaching qualification which uses "ESOL" is CertTESOL - Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. It's issued by Trinity College London upon successful completion of a 4-week in-class course conducted by an accredited school. It's considered by most English language schools as being on a par with the Cambridge University CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults).

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Tue May 10, 2011 4:27 pm

Cambridge CELTA is actually much more common than the Trinity qualification.

balkankiwi
Super User!
Super User!

Postby balkankiwi » Tue May 10, 2011 8:57 pm

It may be more common - it's not any better ;)

BalkanKiwi (CertTESOL)

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Wed May 11, 2011 6:09 am

Trinity is better in fact. I speak as a neutral observer. iIhave neither. My TESOL certification is from another institution !

owain
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby owain » Wed May 11, 2011 11:13 am

Balkankiwi and Scot-your sounding like Bulgarians, your measuring your....certificates :lol:
You know what they say "If you can't do anything else, then teach English as a foreign language" :lol: :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZYpYUnj_-g

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Wed May 11, 2011 12:28 pm

Right....................but I know the difference between "your" and "you're" !!!!!

owain
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby owain » Wed May 11, 2011 12:39 pm

scot47 wrote:Right....................but I know the difference between "your" and "you're" !!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"You're" just like my girlfriend, she's a "qualified" teacher, always correcting my mistakes even though i ignore hers' :wink:
By the way scot what's an "iIhave"? :P

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Wed May 11, 2011 1:06 pm

It is a Tyop !

itsbill
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby itsbill » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:32 am

tefl and tesol are basically the same the main difference in not the subject matter or the way it is taught it is the country where the student is based or where he will be working.
so in germany they will be tefl ie. foreign language

That means the learner does not plan to live in an English speaking country as a long term resident, i.e. as an immigrant. Rather they will use it to study or in their work or life, but generally in a non English speaking country.

at the same time in india and many ex colonial countries as well as many nordic countries it will be tesol ie. speakers of other languages, or sometimes called esl ie. english as a second language.
in these countries english is a necessity to attend university and as with india it is the language of law and of government etc
so the main difference is in the coursename tefl tesol(esl) which is normally determined by the country it is being taught in as well as why the student needs english.
so even though a german student may study english to increase or better their employment opportunities or even just for their own reasons, the indian etc. student has to study english to have any hope of decent education or employment

Return to “Employment”