Bulgarians Coming to UK

Anyone already in Bulgaria who is ready, willing and able to help those coming over? Job vacancies? Employment advice and information? Post it here!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:51 am

It's what the Bulgarian authorities consider you to be which matters.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Samche

Postby Samche » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:55 am

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Painter
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Painter » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:01 am

gimlet wrote:You're not an immigrant because you haven't got through Bulgarian immigration law and probably could not.

Definition of IMMIGRANT
: one that immigrates: as a : a person who comes to a country to take up permanent residence
b : a plant or animal that becomes established in an area where it was previously unknown

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
johnnyrotten

Re: Bulgarians Coming to UK

Postby johnnyrotten » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:53 pm

scot47 wrote:http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/migrantworkers/bulgarian.pdf

could be useful although I am sure that with the recession fewer are coming to UK for work.

I have never worked in the UK, but I can see the attraction for many Bulgarians. If you live in a village without money, hope, opportunity, then the thought of working in England is nice. No?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:29 pm

According to the Mail and Telegraph (and not denied) HMG is working on contingency plans to seal the UK's borders and block the flow of "hot money" to the UK.

I liked the 1950s myself :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
BG9374

Postby BG9374 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:03 pm

johnnyrotten wrote:
scot47 wrote:http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/migrantworkers/bulgarian.pdf

could be useful although I am sure that with the recession fewer are coming to UK for work.

English version of that link? Thanks.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:12 pm

johnnyrotten wrote:I have never worked in the UK, but I can see the attraction for many Bulgarians. If you live in a village without money, hope, opportunity, then the thought of working in England is nice. No?

There's quite a few Brits who've also never worked in the UK - or anywhere else!

In "my" UK village there's plenty with no money/hope/opportunity.....or should that be" no incentive to get off their butts and do some work in return for their Giros"? Strangely enough, there's no shortage of East Europeans working and running businesses there though. ;)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
johnnyrotten

Postby johnnyrotten » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:43 am

Seedy wrote:
johnnyrotten wrote:I have never worked in the UK, but I can see the attraction for many Bulgarians. If you live in a village without money, hope, opportunity, then the thought of working in England is nice. No?

There's quite a few Brits who've also never worked in the UK - or anywhere else!

In "my" UK village there's plenty with no money/hope/opportunity.....or should that be" no incentive to get off their butts and do some work in return for their Giros"? Strangely enough, there's no shortage of East Europeans working and running businesses there though. ;)

I'm sure of that! I suppose they are the same as our gipsys.
To the best of my knowledge, to live in a UK village is quite different to a BG village. UK villages are populated by the wealthy, No? Whereas our village are populated mostly by poor people with less than 300 leva income.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
johnnyrotten

Postby johnnyrotten » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:44 am

Seedy wrote:

I'm sure of that! I suppose they are the same as our gipsys.
To the best of my knowledge, to live in a UK village is quite different to a BG village. UK villages are populated by the wealthy, No? Whereas our village are populated mostly by poor people with less than 300 leva income.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Anni
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Anni » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:06 am

Depends on where the UK village is johnnyrotten. And how big.

I live in what is classed as a village, but it is quite big now. It has expanded quite significantly in the years I have been living here. Like Seedy, I have a diverse mix.

Good proportion of drug problems. A girl recently introduced herself to me as "living in the drug dealers house - but he's gone now and he ruined my chances of becoming a social worker so now I am going to be a teacher". :lol: Fortunately, the dog was pulling on the lead to get to a cat, so a response from me was not necessary.

Return to “Employment”