Bulgarians Coming to UK

Anyone already in Bulgaria who is ready, willing and able to help those coming over? Job vacancies? Employment advice and information? Post it here!

Moderator: Moderator

Anni
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Anni » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:22 pm

MOD wrote:Isn't this topic called Bulgarians Coming to UK? :roll:

Admit defeat on this one MOD. It is after all the silly season :lol: :lol: :lol:

qwerty
Super User!
Super User!

Postby qwerty » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:34 pm

Anni wrote:
MOD wrote:Isn't this topic called Bulgarians Coming to UK? :roll:

Admit defeat on this one MOD. It is after all the silly season :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is indeed, peace to all :smt114

gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:39 pm

I don't know if I agree with you. Croatia was always an advanced place right up there by Trieste and its people are, despite certain flaws, intelligent and vigorous. They're also well connected with Germany and the Vatican and they wouldn't have started the war if they hadn't had the nod that aid would be forthcoming. I'm not sure it suffered greatly from war damage although Vukovar was bashed to bits during what the Croats are now calling the "Homeland War". The western media went on and on about the bombarding of Dubrovnik but I read afterwards that only a few shells landed within the walls and barely dented the marble streets.

On the other hand I was fortunate enough to visit the old bridge of Suleiman the Magnificent in Mostar in Bosnia Herzegovina in the early 1970s. I say "fortunate" because the Croats later destroyed it with prolonged shelling.

I wouldn't draw any encouragement for Bulgarian development from Croatia, even if the Bulgarians were to start a war. Without certain fundamantals in place aid is counterproductive.

Boyko says he thinks the economic situation is as bad as war and is making noises about getting rid of the finance minister. Maybe one day Boyko will, like the Fuhrer before him, be hailed as the "Greatest Military Commander of All Time" :wink:

walkage
Super User!
Super User!

Postby walkage » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:54 pm

From speaking to my Bulgarians friends they are happy to go to the Uk as they find there is plenty of work which they are told the English will not do. To them they think of the English as stupid so they are happy to work for the wages paid and keep going back for more so they can support their families here. It's called responsibility :)
However these are respectable and hard working people unlike the lazy drug fuelled knife wielding yobs in the Uk who have no desire to do any work and have zero respect for anyone....

Oh by the way Happy New Year.. to my Bg friends.. :wink:

demoboy
<b>Tradesman</b>

Postby demoboy » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:07 pm

walkage wrote:From speaking to my Bulgarians friends they are happy to go to the Uk as they find there is plenty of work which they are told the English will not do. To them they think of the English as stupid so they are happy to work for the wages paid and keep going back for more so they can support their families here. It's called responsibility :)
However these are respectable and hard working people unlike the lazy drug fuelled knife wielding yobs in the Uk who have no desire to do any work and have zero respect for anyone....

Oh by the way Happy New Year.. to my Bg friends.. :wink:

Says it all mate, Our lot give the lazy ba57ards too much to sit on their ass doing naff all except scrounging

silky4015

Postby silky4015 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:56 pm

Two weeks ago on radio Lincolnshire, they were talking to the people of Boston about the number of Bulgarians working and living in the town, taking up jobs that the British want.

What a load of crap I thought These people are willing to work to support their families back home, while the Brit will not work out doors unless they are on £15 an hour.

Hippyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Hippyboy » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:35 pm

Quite clearly its easy to generalise about Bulgarians or English people , but it doesn't really tell the story . For example , many Bulgarians are used to working on the land because they were brought up with it , in England most of the farmhands got laid off years ago as agriculture became increasingly mechanised and business orientated , and the travellers that used to do seasonal work became marginalised into outcasts of soceity . Many , if not most , of the Bulgarians coming/going to the UK only intend to work there for a few months to get some cash and return to their families in Bulgaria , so they don't mind putting up with a few hardships for a while , like sharing rooms etc. I don't know Lincolnshire , but i've taken the coach from London to Bulgaria a few times , and the other passengers (who are mostly Bulgarian) aren't all really happy about working in England , some are disallusioned , some are returning after a break to visit their families , but all of them complain about the high cost of living in the UK , and how easy it is to see your wages disappear . Speaking of which , those of you that slag off benefit scroungers , just how much do you think that they get ? I'd like to see you trying to live on that kind of pittance , you'ld be hungry after two days ! And bear in mind that many of the UK's unemployed were actually working until they recently lost their jobs , not to mention the school and university leavers that really do want a job , but having gained some qualifications have set their sights a little higher than working in the fields of Lincolnshire or serving in McMurders . Tim .

demoboy
<b>Tradesman</b>

Postby demoboy » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:56 am

Ok Tim, I do not usually get involved on forum discusions, I agree most Bulgarians work well and other eastern europeans from first hand experience and a lot do the jobs that our people think is beneath them and won't work for the same money because our gov.co.uk give them too much benefits/sickness/disabled/ dole the list goes on, I do whole heartedly agree there are a lot of genuine cases and sympathize with them, Your comments on that would be appreciated.
In my earlier years i rode with my father in a minibus taking travellers to orchards for apple picking for a local cider farmer, great people,They stayed in their caravans on his land for the season and when that finished they moved on to other areas for the different crops, No problems. Can you or anyone else say the same of most travellers nowadays????
High cost of living in UK? Why do you think Brits are in BG? their money goes a lot further!!!
Benefit scroungers? now there is a topic, try living on what they get? I will admit i am a daily mail reader but do they print lies? Immigrants in London get a house for mega bucks a month on the state because they did not fancy living in Coventry, My near neighbors done sweet fa all their lives, house etc all on us, daughter with child gets a coucil flat all curtesy of mine and your taxes and will still do f all.
How much do we think they get?? whilst still agreeing partially on this subject, if i were to be out of work with house and wife to keep you are right i would struggle, but then if i did nothing my whole life and had a brood of unruly kids i would get more in benefits than i currently earn, ie. council house paid for, all sorts of benefits paid by ourselves, What comments do you have on that,

MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:09 am

This topic isn't here to discuss the ins and outs of the benefits system of the UK but to talk about Bulgarians coming to the UK. We understand this 'may' overlap slightly, but need not be discussed in depth here thanks. Sounds more like a Soap Box subject to us! :wink:

Thanks. Mod 8)

Painter
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Painter » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:03 pm

I have a Bulgarian mate and he works like a demon, night shifts, day shifts sometimes two shifts sometimes back to back weeks. He often shares a room to keep the costs down and puts everything into his bank account. Why does he do this? Well simply put because the money he makes here goes so much further when he is home. And one day he will return to Bulgaria but not just yet as there is no work there.

And I agree with the MOD why do people only focus on Benefits why don't they berate the rich for all their tax dodging schemes, money laundering, insider dealing etc. Don't they realise that all the Benefit money is but a drop in the ocean compared to these things. Do they not realise that they are sometimes manipulated by the media?

Return to “Employment”