Bulgarians Coming to UK

Anyone already in Bulgaria who is ready, willing and able to help those coming over? Job vacancies? Employment advice and information? Post it here!

Moderator: Moderator

Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:13 pm

spantrout wrote:MW, eventually enough euro funding will allow for your wishes, the problems is that u may not be here to see it!!!!!

My 'wishes' are purely personal insofar as, I WISH to find my own source of EURO money and dip my bread in. As for the rest, I agree, it will take decades for the regeneration of a lot of Bulgarian villages that are not close to Sofia, Plovdiv, Varna, Burgas and so on.

Anyway, I've made my bed here in my dying village and am happy with my lot, but if I was a young Bulgarian, I'd most probably be on my bike. :wink:

qwerty
Super User!
Super User!

Postby qwerty » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:26 pm

spantrout wrote:MW, eventually enough euro funding will allow for your wishes, the problems is that u may not be here to see it!!!!!

Have you been to Croatia recently, bombed and b**ger during the Balkan punch up a few years back.....The whole country looks brand new out of the box now,went through on a motorbike a couple of years ago, when the EU decide to pour money in to fix a place up they really can do it!!

spantrout
Super User!
Super User!

Postby spantrout » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:27 pm

thats right qwerty but this is BG, :lol:

Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:31 pm

spantrout wrote:thats right qwerty but this is BG, :lol:

Plus, we haven't been bombed. Might be we need to start a punch up with the Turks to get some money flowing in. :roll:

gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:29 pm

Anni is right, UK is not comparable because its unique planning system means it is worth changing rural slums into country retreats.

Plus there's a certain "landed gentry" English class view that displays the countryside through rose tinted spectacle, along with a misty recollection of Cobbett's "one acre and a cow" idyll. The Bulgarians are not likely to catch this affliction any more than they are to start playing golf.

Maybe if there were business girls in the rough next to the long drives it would be different. Actually, that's not a bad idea, it might get me out there in stupid shoes with a large wood :D

Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:35 pm

gimlet wrote:Maybe if there were business girls in the rough next to the long drives it would be different. Actually, that's not a bad idea, it might get me out there in stupid shoes with a large wood :D

So, the Doctors must have fixed your Putter. :wink:

qwerty
Super User!
Super User!

Postby qwerty » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:50 pm

The point I was making for those of you who need 2 + 2 to = 5 was that Croatia had very bad roads,infrastructure,damaged property,smashed economy,refugees etc etc etc. Parallels can be drawn to some extent to a war damaged country like Croatia to Bg.

Today you would not know anything of Croatia's very recent history if you went there, the point being that when the EU decide to rebuild a country and an economy they can actually do it, therefore although Moscow Wolf looks to be very senior in age it is still possible that Bulgaria could be significantly improved by his last howl :D

gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:53 pm

I don't find I need that one very much :wink:

MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:16 pm

Isn't this topic called Bulgarians Coming to UK? :roll:

Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:21 pm

qwerty wrote:The point I was making for those of you who need 2 + 2 to = 5 was that Croatia had very bad roads,infrastructure,damaged property,smashed economy,refugees etc etc etc. Parallels can be drawn to some extent to a war damaged country like Croatia to Bg.

Today you would not know anything of Croatia's very recent history if you went there, the point being that when the EU decide to rebuild a country and an economy they can actually do it, therefore although Moscow Wolf looks to be very senior in age it is still possible that Bulgaria could be significantly improved by his last howl :D

Actually, I added 2+2 and got 6. :lol: It is usual, is it not that since post war Germany and the lessons learned after WWI to pump money into war zones to keep folk happy. I have a friend that has an apartment in Budva - Montenegro and I don't hear him complaining about their infrastructure either.

You or I never know when our last howls might be, but I hope I go out with a HOWL and not a croak. :lol:

Ps. Concerning Croatia's recent history and not knowing anything about it if you went there. Well, a Russian friend of mine did go there not so many years ago for New Year and was surprised just how many locals came out at midnight New Year's Eve blasting off their Kalashnikovs. :lol: By comparison, in my Bulgarian village, the celebration consisted of one drunk shooting his shotgun into the air and another firing a gas pistol. Hence, my fireworks this year. :wink:

Return to “Employment”