Work for an Electrician?

Anyone already in Bulgaria who is ready, willing and able to help those coming over? Job vacancies? Employment advice and information? Post it here!

Moderator: Moderator

bluecallum
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Work for an Electrician?

Postby bluecallum » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:23 pm

Hi all,about to move to Bulgaria,the only thing that I,m a bit worried about is,is there any work there,would there be a need for an electrician,Thanks

grasshopper

work for electrician

Postby grasshopper » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:48 pm

If it is essential that you work, then perhaps you should visit for a fact finding holiday. good luck whatever you decide
grasshopper

Guerrilla

Postby Guerrilla » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:11 pm

Hi mate,

I know a very competent UK bloke that is an electrician and also is a mean plumber and works for 100lv per day inc travel.

I am not saying that you will find work but that is the going rate around my way.

A BG elec who may or may not be as good or as easy to communicate with will stand you 50 lv per day.

Just food for thought...

doberden
<b>Property Sales/Rental/Management</b>

Postby doberden » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:36 am

Hi

I am sure you will find work as long as you speak the lingo.

I Pay 3lev per point and have to supply the materials, so i suppose it depends on how many points you can put in, in 1 day.

If i only have an extra 1 or 2 points added to a circuit i usually get charged 15lev.

This is in the burgas area.

Hope this helps

swbg2010

Postby swbg2010 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:47 am

Depending on where you live will depend on the work you will find.

As 1 poster above it It will improve your chances if you study the language 1st.

You will find in most places even in small villages a friends friend will be a Electrician and will work for 50-100 Leva per day.

You may strike lucky if a english company is looking or a Large hotel.

seathrift
Super User!
Super User!

Postby seathrift » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:43 am

The mains supply in BG is, at least similar to, the Continental 2 pin system. The regulations are therefore substantially different to the UK. Within a reasonable travelling distance of where you live there will not be enough Brits. to provide you with a living. There may be some work with Commercial Developers, but for that you will need to be fluent in Bulgarian and the probably the codes of practice. The quality of most existing domestic electrical is very poor, so your public liabilty insurance would need to be good and probably your health cover too!
Most Bulgarians are finding it difficult to make a living and the population is dropping as people move abroad to try and find work. Hourly rates here are low and the willingness to pay them very low.
Think carefully and do lots of reasearch before you burn your bridges for a life in BG, in which a local income is essential for your existance here.

Return to “Employment”