Jobs in international companies

Anyone already in Bulgaria who is ready, willing and able to help those coming over? Job vacancies? Employment advice and information? Post it here!

Moderator: Moderator

gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:04 am

What do you mean by premium?

If you ever get to a job interview, let's hope they don't ask you that :wink:

If you're already in Sofia the easiest way of getting work in a big 5 accountancy firm is probably to start a sandwich round.

afedarse
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby afedarse » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:17 am

Thanks Brian. By the way I'm not fron UK. It is not my goal to work as a freelance accountant. I do not have the experience neither I know the relative lwas and procedures in Bulgaria. What interest me is to work as an employee at an international company provided that there is going to be a salary somewhat higher than the average bulgarian because I will have to move there, rent an apartment etc.

gimlet wrote:
What do you mean by premium?

If you ever get to a job interview, let's hope they don't ask you that :wink:

So, what does it mean?

gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:20 am

Ask an accountant!

spantrout
Super User!
Super User!

Postby spantrout » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:35 am

i have to agree with others, unless you have something very special to offer, or, work for yourself, without the language it's going to be difficult to earn an "average" bulgarian wage, never mind "somewhat higher" than an average Bulgarian wage.

I may be wrong and I stand to be corrected, but, this sounds like someone else that has bought here and expects to walk into a well paid job without understanding fully the machinations of the country.

Oh dear!

owain
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby owain » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:52 am

afedarse wrote: What interest me is to work as an employee at an international company provided that there is going to be a salary somewhat higher than the average bulgarian because I will have to move there, rent an apartment etc.

I think we'd all like that, but I'm afraid it's not that simple. :wink:

brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:13 am

You haven't mentioned your nationality, I would say apply for jobs in your home country that are looking for people to go work in Bulgaria then you are guarenteed an expat salary.

I worked for 12 months in BG prior to living here and that was on an expat salary. I have just looked at the uk job market in my old sectors that advertised for positions in Bulgaria and hit 32 jobs. They are there but I would doubt you will find one "in country", and if I applied for any of these jobs I would tell them I have worked in BG but would be careful about telling them I live here.

Spiralbg
Super User!
Super User!

Re: Jobs in international companies

Postby Spiralbg » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:24 pm

;)
Last edited by Spiralbg on Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

afedarse
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby afedarse » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:19 pm

Thanks Spiralbg but as I said before I am not a native english although I speak english fluently. Would you mind telling me what was your net salary in those international companies and what exactly was your job there? You can send me a pm if you do not want to say it publicly.

Spiralbg
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Spiralbg » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:24 pm

;)
Last edited by Spiralbg on Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

afedarse
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby afedarse » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:39 pm

Spiralbg wrote:So what is your nationality?

I would prefer not to reveal that. :wink:
Thanks for your answers. Sorry if I have been indescret.

Return to “Employment”