Required Paperwork for Employment

Anyone already in Bulgaria who is ready, willing and able to help those coming over? Job vacancies? Employment advice and information? Post it here!

Moderator: Moderator

hamster
Super User!
Super User!

Required Paperwork for Employment

Postby hamster » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:34 pm

Hi,

Can any expat's help me with the required paperwork for employment??

I have been told that I need the following documents:

Letter from my doctors stating that I am fit for work
Blue employment book (sorry cant remember what this is called)
Diploma
Contract of employment
Certificate from the local court which is a criminal check

I have all of the above apart for the court certificate I have applied for this two week ago and this is still not ready and the people at the court are saying this takes time and I just have to wait.

Can anyone advise me if they have applied for this and how long this took and if there was anything you did to speed the process up?

Thanks,

Hamster

gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:02 am

Well, congratulations on getting a job!

A quick Google reveals this, which seems to be along the lines of what you have been asked for..

ORDINANCE on the documents required for a contract of employment
Adopted by the Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare
(Promulgated, SG. 44 May 25, 1993)

Art. 1. For a contract of employment are required:
1. passport or other identity document to be returned immediately;
2. evidence of acquired education, specialty training, certification, academic rank or degree, when required for the job or work for the applicant;
3. document experience, when office or employment for which a person applies, requires the possession of such service;
4. document medical examination for initial entry into work after suspension of work under an employment contract for a period exceeding 3 months;
5. criminal record when a law or regulation requires certification of criminal record;
6. permission from the labor inspection, if the person is under 16 years or the age of 16 to 18 years.

Art. 2. The employer may require the submission of documents other than those specified in Art. 1, if provided or arising by law or other act.

Art. 3. Referred to in Art. 1 shall be necessary and in case of employment on the basis of choice or competition.

FINAL PROVISIONS

Sole Paragraph. This regulation is issued pursuant to Art. 62, para. 2 of the Labor Code and repeal Ordinance ? 16 of December 30, 1986 (State Gazette. 15 of 1987).

It's a bit long in the tooth now so it might be worth checking whether the Закон за насърчаване на заетостта (Law for the Promotion of Employment) gives you any better avenues. My guess is that Bulgarians avoid employment contracts like the plague, maybe they go for freelance arrangements instead?

The "blue book" might be a reference to the синя карта на ЕС (EU Blue Card). If you are an EU citizen you don't need one of those, because I think they are only for third country nationals. Perhaps quite innocently, some obstacles seem to be being placed in your path!

If the authorities in BG refer to authorities in UK for a criminal check (only required for certain jobs) you will probably wait forever :cry:

All the best anyway.

ChrisF
Super User!
Super User!

Postby ChrisF » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:16 pm

A police check here in Veliko Tarnovo takes less than a week - apply at the court; they will tell you which documents they require, but one is a legally certified translation of your birth certificate.

Chris

hamster
Super User!
Super User!

Postby hamster » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:16 am

Hi,

Thanks for your replies. It seems different areas require different paperwork oh the joys of Bulgaria :D

I applied for the police check two weeks ago now and it is still not ready and no one seems to be able to chase this up. Dont fancy offer a few levs to speed the process up in the court doesnt seem right :lol:

Thanks,

Hamster

Return to “Employment”