Elbar Restaurant in Rogachevo: well recomended!

Swap advice and information on the better places to go (or NOT to go) anywhere in Bulgaria for a great evening out. Restaurants, Bars, Clubs, Theatres. Whatever your tastes, share them with other Forum members here!

Moderator: Moderator

coffo

Elbar Restaurant in Rogachevo: well recomended!

Postby coffo » Sat May 03, 2008 7:46 pm

hi just retuned back from bg ,found a fantastic bar in village "rochevo" near albena ,it is owned by a english family who are very welcoming all the food is homemade and very reasonably priced .look for signs for" bargrill " the sunday lunch was lovely !!

Chippy
<b>Building Services</b>

Postby Chippy » Sat May 03, 2008 9:10 pm

Hi

Is that Rogachevo?

Chippy

Tarw
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Tarw » Sat May 03, 2008 9:23 pm

No matter where we Brits go in the world if we can find meat & two veg we are happy I find it a little sad really. I can imagine posts on a website 75 years from now "found a good place on Jupiter does a great Sunday lunch"
Sorry if this offends but when in Rome :roll: :wink:

Sooz

Postby Sooz » Sat May 03, 2008 9:39 pm

Tend to agree
I always enjoy trying local cuisine wherever I go.

Besides over the last 3 years or so we have found some lovely places to eat Bulgarian food. That's half the fun - finding little gems of places.

Also our Bulgarian friends who live across the road from us never fail to serve up a fantastic spread whenever we are invited over. Maria is a great cook - one of the things I am most looking forward to when we go over in June eating and drinking and spending some lovely evenings with them!

However, each to their own and who knows - when we eventually move over there, maybe we too will fancy the odd Sunday lunch now and then, although I can make a pretty good one myself!

Susan

atticjon

Postby atticjon » Sat May 03, 2008 10:48 pm

Hi Sooz
been living here for four years now; Bg cuisine is great, but every now and then a trad sunday lunch is superb (particularly if eaten on a Bg timescale) Invite your friends round for one, they'll enjoy it I am sure; Yorkshire pudding and gravy seems a novelty. Try out a curry later!

bullador
Super User!
Super User!

Postby bullador » Thu May 08, 2008 12:34 pm

Hi I have to agree with Coffo. We too went and had sunday lunch, the owners are the friendliest people that I have met in a long time. They showed me round and I must say that their place is lovely. It was very busy and I would recommend anyone going to go early as it fills up. They only had chicken left as all the other meats had gone, but it was a very nice meal and very reasonably priced as well. Good luck to them in their venture but Im sure that they dont need it as they were rushed off their feet.

Pat.

Hoowster
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Hoowster » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:56 pm

Pretty sure this must be the Elbar in Rogachevo.....
From Varna on E87 Rd to Albena, last left before Albena.

Yes English bars are springing up like Golf courses.....

8)

trickytree
Super User!
Super User!

Postby trickytree » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:13 pm

FFS, full English breakfast next on the agenda, live the life please, 8) :lol: 8)

Hoowster
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Hoowster » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:40 pm

Day 1.....

Up early in morning read 3 day old Sun Or Daily Mail.....English breakfast....Round of golf with other expats....Watch SKY TV in 18th hole Bar.....Go to Metro for large buckets of white paint for the outside of Costa village House.....Tea......Then down to English bar to slag off about lazy Bugarians and attend quiz night.
Back to downloads of Corrie sent over from UK or to watch latest mind numbing crap Warner Bros film with Will Smith.

Days 2-7 repeat........

Thats why we make such great Bulgarians.... :roll:
We try to make every attempt to absorb their culture.... :wink:
Anyone up for a Ruby.....
:wink: :lol: :lol:

8)

MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:45 pm

And now back to the topic please. Mod 8)

Return to “Entertainment”