Elbar Restaurant in Rogachevo: well recomended!

Swap advice and information on the better places to go (or NOT to go) anywhere in Bulgaria for a great evening out. Restaurants, Bars, Clubs, Theatres. Whatever your tastes, share them with other Forum members here!

Moderator: Moderator

trickytree
Super User!
Super User!

Postby trickytree » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:51 pm

Or a chinky? 8)

Blackwell

Postby Blackwell » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:24 pm

:oops: well said mod! criticism from a man who loves to live amongst expats and mingles well with them regularly at gary's for his roast beef and yorkshires, with recent complaints about the local delicacy,,,,,,, Chinese haha

trickytree
Super User!
Super User!

Postby trickytree » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:54 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: 8)

Hoowster
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Hoowster » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:16 pm

Well I think the topic was the name of and Elbars location which was answered by someone.... :wink: Been there only once by the way and yes they were nice people.
This makes it about half the trips we've made to Garys over the last 30 days or so.....including Garys Birthday for which I was invited (thanks M8 ) :wink:
But I personally happen to like Gary... as do a lot of us...Really should go more I suppose as he arranges a lot of stuff. But as I've said a lot of it isnt always my cup of tea.....Might give the fishing a go sometime? :lol:

8)

derek42
Super User!
Super User!

Postby derek42 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:49 pm

I must admit, although I do like Bulgarian food which I can now cook quite happily, and eat regularly, variety is the spice of life. A nice roast dinner every so often, or a curry, making a Steak & Kidney pie tonight.

I am intrigued by whats going on at the coast though, it sounds more and more like the Costa del Sol everytime something else British opens ?

Hoowster
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Hoowster » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:09 pm

Exactly Derek... :wink:
To keep to the topic the Elbar is a small English run Pub/restaraunt in Rogachevo village which aims to provide (like they must) a place for expats to head for.
To be fair they also aim to get some Bulgarians in too.
Its hard to suceed as theres not really that many of us and lots live a predominately Bulgarian lifestyle often with Bulgarian partners.
Yes its got to be said your Costa del Sol Fear(?) worries quite a few of us.
Hows your Kavarma?

To end.... Good luck to all at the Elbar!
At least now they should now get a few more interested in going there?

8)

JacquiB

Postby JacquiB » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:16 pm

Imagine:

www.MyCostaDelSol.spain

What fun it would be to read on the forums the discussions of all the Brit expats when Egg 'n' Chips and Double Diamond pushed aside the paella & sangria. :(
It really is such a shame that enterpreneurs can't just leave things the way they were and have to impose upon all of us choices and options which we never even knew we didn't want until they came along. :evil:
:wink:

derek42
Super User!
Super User!

Postby derek42 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:29 pm

Yep, Good luck to all at the Elbar! If I'm ever over that neck of the woods, I'll pop in.

If it services the never ending streams of happy holidaymakers who travel to the far flung corners of the world to taste new cultures, meet interesting people, sample new customs and eat chip butties, then so be it.

I must admit, I could really do with a good portion of Real Fish n Chips every so often :D

PS Chicken livers followed by Kavarma tomorrow :D

Hoowster
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Hoowster » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:40 pm

Pushing my luck here Derek ... :lol: ... but if the Elbar owners visited the fish market attached to Polhozen pazar (gypsy market) in Varna they just might just find out that the hake (5 Leva a kilo) is a good alternative to cod/haddock.
Kalkan (turbot) was between 10 and 20 Leva a kilo too today.

Happy shopping Elbar (and Derek/all... :wink: )

8)

derek42
Super User!
Super User!

Postby derek42 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:44 pm

Such choice, I am jealous. The Elbar should come over to the South West, we got trout, trout and more bl**din trout 8O

Return to “Entertainment”