Bonfire Night

Swap advice and information on the better places to go (or NOT to go) anywhere in Bulgaria for a great evening out. Restaurants, Bars, Clubs, Theatres. Whatever your tastes, share them with other Forum members here!

Moderator: Moderator

Dreanas
Super User!
Super User!

Bonfire

Postby Dreanas » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:13 pm

Quote from an email I received today:

"" ...... Rugby Club are holding a firework party just like they do every year, however this year due to 'health and safety' they are not having a bonfire. Instead they are having a film of a bonfire on a big screen, with loud speakers giving out bonfire sounds and wait for it large heaters to give the effect of the fire. I absolutely kid you not, the world has now officially gone mad. This event has made the national news.... "

Amazing eh!

Simonita
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Simonita » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:13 pm

Blimey! Better get some fireworks on the way home. Kids are long gone, but we still like to have a bit of fun on 5th Nov.

mike4727
<b>Property Management</b>

Postby mike4727 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:26 pm

Judging by the number of fireworks going off around Mladost area of Sofia tonight, I guess there must be a few ex-pats living here - either that or the Guy Fawkes thing is celebrated by our BG cousins also :)

Mike.

Rocker

Postby Rocker » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:12 am

Just wanted to say what a brilliant night it turned out to be. The Mayor of the village gave a speech, the children made a fantastic guy and enjoyed the candy apples and fire works display. A lot of money was raised for the village kindergarten and there were other charities collected for aswell. It was great to catch up with so many people I hadn't seen for ages I think its fair to say that everyone including the Bulgarians had a great time
Marie

fredatinsch
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby fredatinsch » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:22 am

I will second that Rocker, wonderful evening, good display, massive bonfire and would imagine 150 to 200 folk there all enjoying themselves, British and Bulgarians queuing for their Cheese Burgers, met up with loads of folk, but still managed to miss some, like Jools and Steve! Well done, Camping VT I do hope this can be a regular event.

Icecube
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Icecube » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:34 am

What a great night. Good food, great bonfire and fireworks and nice friendly atmosphere. Enjoyed by all I think. Well done Camping Veliko Turnovo :D

kazz
<b>Country Advisor/Property Finder</b>

Postby kazz » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:43 pm

Seconded, Thirded and Fourthed! (if those particular words exist)
A great night, lovely atmosphere and great organisation.
We'll done to Nick, Nicky and all their friends who helped out.

I find it hard to choose a 'highlight', was it the mulled wine, which to my sadness I only discovered 5 minutes before we left.....
or was it the 5 minutes I spent talking to a 4 year old in Bulgarian before a friend of hers pointed out to me that she was in fact English!
7 months in Bulgaria and already she's speaking better Bulgarian than I do!
Thanks again folks
:D

ChrisF
Super User!
Super User!

Postby ChrisF » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:48 pm

Fifthted, then, Kazz, because I (and everyone I know) also thoroughly enjoyed the night - great bonfire, great guy (made by the kindergarten kiddies) and great company.
Thanks, Nick and Nicky, hope you are already planning for next year!

Chris

stewarty
drunken lout

Postby stewarty » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:31 pm

Dogs going barking mad with all the bangers and fireworks going off tonight, i cant complain though as its only once a year in UK, if you live in a village in BG you got it every night 8)

mariainraduil

Postby mariainraduil » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:57 pm

I know this thread is two years old, but is the bonfire night and fireworks an annual event? Is there an event this year?
Thanks
Maria

Return to “Entertainment”