'Gyn Gyn' Indian Restaurant in Varna

Swap advice and information on the better places to go (or NOT to go) anywhere in Bulgaria for a great evening out. Restaurants, Bars, Clubs, Theatres. Whatever your tastes, share them with other Forum members here!

Moderator: Moderator

Oscar
Mega User!
Mega User!

'Gyn Gyn' Indian Restaurant in Varna

Postby Oscar » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:38 am

If anyone is still desperate for a curry,I noticed advertisements for 'Gyn Gyn' in Briz.I don't know who is behind it or what it's like,but details are...

Ul. Sveti Nikola 60
Hotel Chezarino

It's almost right behind where the last Indian was, across from Picadilly Park.

ashlite

GUNGUN Indian Restaurant, Varna

Postby ashlite » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:01 pm

Can i just say that i was at this restaurant last night!!
Food was great, and authentic as the chef and owner Anil is Indian, and if i am right was the chef at V1 and Silver Moon before the owners there decided to close!
Well Anil and his wife Rosa have gone it alone, and what a fantastic night it was!
Had onion bhajis, home made pickle, chicken madras, naan, all went down well with a few gargles of beer. I was nearly talked into a special drink he makes he calls it cobra, i am sure its aptley named!! But i passed.

If anyone is looking for that missing hot curry in varna, then pop along! [/code]

GeorgeCoates

Postby GeorgeCoates » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:08 pm

Sounds like you had a good time :wink: by the way Cobra is just an Indian lager :wink:

Regards

George

ashlite

Postby ashlite » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:19 pm

NOOO
not the lager, i know that one, this is like a mix of 9 liqueurs and there are not many places that can make it apparently!! Its a drink for 2

ABU

Postby ABU » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:47 pm

Hi, And there I was telling everyone it was called "GUN GUN"

marymo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby marymo » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:35 am

Ashlite, what are the prices, is it expensive ?

rgawith
Super User!
Super User!

Tried to find it last night

Postby rgawith » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:11 am

Tried without luck to find it last night. Unfortunately google maps and bgmaps give the completely wrong location using the address above. So we spent ages trying to find it closer to centre of Varna. Gave up and decided to go to Curry Lounge on way down from Vinitsa, no problems finding it but was shut and looked like it had been for a while.

VickyC
Super User!
Super User!

Postby VickyC » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:26 pm

Was at the restaurant 'Guun Guun' last Sat night and got a taxi from St Constantin and even then it was very hard to find it. The driver dropped us at the street parallel and behind the restaurant, as apparently there are 2 streets with same name very close to each other!!

Anyway, walked around and rang Anil, who came and got us near the Shell garage as we would never have found it. he gave us a free beer, probably for my dogged perserverence!

We started with poppadoms and home made pickles and raita. We had Chicken Jalfrezi, chicken Achari and Tandoori chicken sizzler with onions and pilau rice, garlic nan, veg samosas and pakoras and a bottle of house white and a couple more beers. Total bill for 3 people was 62 lev.

Absolutely gorgeous establishment and great 'hot' autchentic Indian food.

Have passed the word and flyers around that Anil gave me and we will definitely be back in the near future. Worth calling him for exact directions on 0888 625 754 or 052 914 445

I would also love to try Mind the Step Indian if we ever head down sunny beach.

itisus

Postby itisus » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:56 pm

Four of us went to the resturant tonight.

We had excellnt friendly service and the meal fantastic. They have everything you could want on the menu. We will certainly be going there again. As soon as possible.

Itisus

BenC
<b>Property Sales/Rentals</b>

Postby BenC » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:05 pm

I went there last time I was in Varna, 6-7 weeks ago, and had a great meal (on my own). Very friendly, family run business and lovely authentic food. Will definitely go again 8)

So now I have got Sofia - covered.
Sunny Beach - covered.
Varna - covered.

BUT STILL NO PLOVDIV : ( Whyyyyyy ???!!!??? :P

Return to “Entertainment”