'Gyn Gyn' Indian Restaurant in Varna

Swap advice and information on the better places to go (or NOT to go) anywhere in Bulgaria for a great evening out. Restaurants, Bars, Clubs, Theatres. Whatever your tastes, share them with other Forum members here!

Moderator: Moderator

itisus

Postby itisus » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:03 am

We went there again with friends last nigh and were as usual made very welcome by Anil and Rosa. The food was excellent as always. I am trying my best to work my way through the menu with something different each time we go. Well you have to have a winter hobby.
It is not the easiest of places to find so I have put a map in my gallery. If you require a better one PM me your email address and I will send you a better map with directions.
Enjoy.

Itisus

itisus

Postby itisus » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:05 pm

To all those that have asked for directions they are on there way.
Enjoy.

Itisus

construction_help

indian

Postby construction_help » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:40 pm

Gyn Gyn Indian Restaurant
Hotel Chezarino. Ul. Sveti Nikola 60, Varna.
Contact Details:
Tel: 052 914 445
International: +359 052 914 445

If you go onto the link it should pop up and show you where it is on the map if not just type in the address.

http://www.bgmaps.com/map/search

trickytree
Super User!
Super User!

Postby trickytree » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:43 pm

As good an Indian restaurant as you'll find, 4 of us went, sat down and the pops and pickles were there in a flash, and the lime pickle that Anil makes is to die for. We had a really good feast, 4 mains, 3 rice, 4 onion bhajis, 1 naan, 6 beers, 2 vodkas, couldn't quite manage it all 9 the food, not the beer ) :D and the bill was 87 leva, superb. It is quite easy to find if you drop off the magistral just before piccadily park, go under the the flyover and keep to the right going uphill about 200 metres and it's set back off the road down a black road where a new hotel is being built and there is a convex traffic mirror as a good landmark for its location.

Pixiewixietrixie

Postby Pixiewixietrixie » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:35 am

Hi - I have just come across this thread and am going to Varna on monday and would love to try this place! Can anyone tell me if it is still open (and if they are open on mondays?) and any more detailed directions would be great. Thanks so much for your help x

B52
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby B52 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:52 pm

Well, I give up....

I don't mind doing a bit of research to help someone but this is ridiculous. I cannot find the place on a map in relation to the location of the restaurant name or the hotel (apartments) name. Someone earlier in the thread suggested Bgmaps which is always very good but, for some reason, it will not show the street mentioned, either in Bulgarian or English. Google hasn't helped either. I can find many references to both through searching but invariably there is no map at the link or, if there is, it is a map of Varna, lol, with no marker. One site even mentions a website, which I had tried already, and it turns out to be one of these multiple links but no real information type sites.

I suggest that you perhaps phone them on the number listed.

Best of luck Pixiewixietrixie.

Oh, itisus has put a map in his gallery. Sorry, didn't see that :(

However, lousy map, you can't read it and can't blow it up.
Try 43º13’01”N, 27º57’07”E on Google Earth
On http://www.bgmaps.com you could look for ul. D-r Lyuben Popov and drop down just below ul. D-r Vasilaki Papadopolu to a little no-name road on a level with TV Center - Varna

spantrout
Super User!
Super User!

Postby spantrout » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:32 pm

i recall a few ppl saying the place was a nightmare to find, easiest thing to do is as B52 suggested phone them (number is on a thread here somewhere), i also recall someone on the forum saying they phoned 5 mins before arriving and the guy came to meet them outside cos it was awkward.

parkersd
Super User!
Super User!

Postby parkersd » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:30 pm

Hi All,

This restaurant closed down earlier this year. They moved to another premises but it didn't work so they closed...sorry. Shame as it was a really good restaurant.
Sue

Return to “Entertainment”