BOAT INN RAVDA

Swap advice and information on the better places to go (or NOT to go) anywhere in Bulgaria for a great evening out. Restaurants, Bars, Clubs, Theatres. Whatever your tastes, share them with other Forum members here!

Moderator: Moderator

The_Captain
<b>Restaurant/Bar Proprietor</b>

Sunday Roast

Postby The_Captain » Sat May 21, 2011 12:15 pm

Still a few places left for Sunday Roast !!

Free Dessert...Fruit Crumble etc.

Serving from 3pm.

Go on, spoil yourself !!!!

The_Captain

Quiz and Bingo

Postby The_Captain » Mon May 23, 2011 12:47 pm

It's Eyes down, so why not look in, at The Boat Inn Ravda for .............
Quiz and Bingo..Wednesday afternoon !!!!
Starts at 3pm.
See you there, The Captain.

The_Captain

curry

Postby The_Captain » Fri May 27, 2011 12:50 pm

It's FRIDAY, so it's CURRYOKE NIGHT at the BOAT!!!!!
Lot's of fun, lots of music and a choice of three curries. !!!

See you there!!!!!

The Captain.

walkage
Super User!
Super User!

Postby walkage » Tue May 31, 2011 8:14 pm

As some of you may remember I won the Limerick competition from last Xmas – from some very good entries. So last weekend we decided to take our prize of a free 3 course meal at The Boat Inn in Ravda with a free night’s accommodation. :D :D

We arrived ready to eat but had to query the 3 course meal that we had won…..however they showed us the small print that – Bread, butter and jam was in fact classed as 3 courses and that was our prize. 8O 8O

After noticing on the butter wrapper a stamp saying ‘Iran Airlines use before Dec 2007’ we opted to change our meal to just 2 courses. After crunching our way through the bread, we found the jam was quite tasty once the mould was scrapped off.

After our journey we were looking forward to a good night’s rest but were quite surprised to find our ‘free’ accommodation was in fact a 2 man tent in the middle of the children’s play area. The broken cardboard boxes made a firm base but bedding and pillows would have been nice… :( :(

Ok Ok Ok….maybe it didn’t happen quite that way… :wink: :wink:

So what can I say from this weekend….Good Atmosphere….Good Food…Good Accommodation…

The Boat Inn is purely UK so not taking any business from Bulgarian restaurants etc and the clientele are Brits. The general feel of the place is laid back and the atmosphere is jovial and pleasant. The food is cooked by The Galley Chef Soo and is well prepared, tasty with good portions and served by attractive young waitresses :oops: (excl The Captain) – Go for a Sunday Roast as the apple and blackcurrant crumble with custard is to die for….I was refused it at breakfast the next day as it had all gone! :cry: :cry:

Accommodation is split between apartments or a 4 bed villa – we opted for the villa in walled private gardens with a shared pool (with Tony and Soo). I challenge anyone to say a hotel room anywhere on the Black Sea would be better than this and all accommodation supplied by The Boat Inn is very reasonable. :D :D
However – one disappointment…:evil: :evil: ..v v v few My BG members have been to The Boat Inn at Ravda??? Why???? I know some of you live within the Burgas area.. so..???

I can accept MW not going there as he is an anti-social old sod…but the rest of you??

Also, like us, anyone from further afield in BG going to the Black Sea for a break 8) – you would be hard pushed to find a better holiday for cost and enjoyment (and we have tried many hotels and resorts).

Those coming from abroad – forget the hustle and bustle and problems etc etc with Sunny Beach – go down the road to Ravda – it’ll be cheaper and much more fun with no language problems. :x

Those of you who have apartments in the Sunny Beach area – yes you!!…why not pop down to The Boat Inn, it’s just minutes away – the Karaoke night would suit someone I have in mind down to the ground… :P

Travelling with young children?? There is a play area to keep them amused while you enjoy your meal and drink(s) :partyman: :partyman:

So you lot…wake up and see what’s available right here on MY BG and get off your arses and pop into The Boat Inn.

:smt066…..I shall be back…… :smt066

As a PS – Pelican…..I’m sure you would like more BG members up your way as well???? Your next competition is mine……. :smt098 .

So all of you ‘support’ :smt052 :smt052 instead of backbiting and moaning….. :smt065

The_Captain

Postby The_Captain » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:31 pm

Thanx for that Walkage...by the way the standard accommodation is a one-man tent, you had the luxury package. And you also forgot to say................WEDNESDAY NIGHT IS QUIZ AND BINGO NIGHT ( but we'll forgive you.) Everyone welcome...even MW.
Treat yourself to some fun! First house around 8pm.
See you there!
The Captain

p.s. Thanks Adrian, and Valya of course.

The_Captain

A day off

Postby The_Captain » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:31 pm

It's Curryoke on Friday and Sunday Roast as usual in Sunday....from 7pm. But we're closed on Saturday for a private function....my son's wedding!!!!!!!!
The Captain's gained a daughter-in-law !!!!!!!!
Stag night tonight....the Captain may gain a bad head!
Chow 4 now!!!

walkage
Super User!
Super User!

Postby walkage » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:25 pm

I'm guessing Ravda will be rocking tonight and over the weekend...I also have it on good authority that Banshee will be the best table top pole dancer...so all of you - get over there to see the show... :oops: :oops: :oops:

The_Captain

What's on

Postby The_Captain » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:30 am

What's on this week at The Boat Inn, Ravda ?

Wednesday...Table top sale in the morning; details on Ex-pat Forum.
Wednesday evening....Quiz and Bingo...starts around 8.30. Last house paid 120 levs last week!!
Friday. ..Curryoke; Lots of good music and a choice of three curries !!!
Saturday.....Vocal Guitarist Pete T. entertains !!!
Sunday....Sunday Roast of course....very popular, best to book. Choice of Beef Pork or Chicken. Ring 0879471176.

Go on, spoil yourself !!!!!
Chow 4 now !!
The Captain

The_Captain

Quiz and Bingo

Postby The_Captain » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:41 pm

Just a reminder...it's QUIZ AND BINGO on Wednesday. Top payout last week was 190 lev
That pays for a few nights out in Ravda!!!!!! Infact the recipient couple enjoyed our Friday Curryoke and Sunday Roast at the Boat and still had change for some goodies to take home.

All welcome! See you soon!!
Chow 4 now,
The Captain

The_Captain

Postby The_Captain » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:00 pm

What's on over the next week at The Boat Inn, Ravda ?

Friday....Curryoke; Lots of good music and a choice of three curries !!!
Saturday.....Tony's Quiz and Play your Cards Right (Last weeks prize over 100lev)
Sunday....Sunday Roast of course....very popular, best to book. Choice of Beef Pork or Chicken. Fantastic homemade desserts!! Ring 0879471176.
Wednesday...Mini Quiz and Bingo Night. Win loads o' Money!!
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday ? Good food, beer and wine and superb company!!!

Go on, spoil yourself !!!!!
Chow 4 now !!
The Captain

Return to “Entertainment”