Silvia's steakhouse Balchik

Swap advice and information on the better places to go (or NOT to go) anywhere in Bulgaria for a great evening out. Restaurants, Bars, Clubs, Theatres. Whatever your tastes, share them with other Forum members here!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Gazza

sylvia's

Postby Gazza » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:45 pm

I just wanted to add my congratulations to Sylvia and her husband for this great restaurant. we've been going for years now and recommending it to all the people who rent our nearby villas. they really do the best food ever - she's even given me a nickname ( Mr.Pork) hopefully not because of my features !! but for the love of her tender pork. Looking forward to seeing them again in September.

Sylvia even gave me some ABBA albums as a gift !! I was so touhced ! ( I had only been asking for 3 years -Ha!!!)

Bill N Gary

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
anth
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby anth » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:55 pm

Cant say we enjoyed the meal we had here, in fact one of the worst we have had in Bulgaria. The dessert I ordered ( tiramisu) was disgusting. Definately will not be returning.
There are so many good restaurants in this area, that do not have signs screaming SUNDAY ROAST.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
parkersd
Super User!
Super User!

Postby parkersd » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:17 pm

Well, I can only speak as I find!!
Hubby & I visited Silvia yesterday & had the best steak that we've had since we moved here 4 years ago..we cannot praise the restaurant,the food or Silvia and her husband enough. We will certainly be back very soon,and very much look forward to seeing them again :D
Sue

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
anth
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby anth » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:15 pm

Yes, you are right you can only speak as you find. In the 8 years since we have been here, I can say the meal we had was one of the worst.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Brummer

Silvias

Postby Brummer » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:09 pm

I agree with Anth.

We had been really looking forward to this meal because of all the 'hype' on My Bulgaria but felt totally let down. It's saving grace was the Yorkshire pudding.
Didn't wait for a dessert.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Gazza

Sylvias

Postby Gazza » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:23 pm

Hi
I could not disagree more with the negative feedback The food is delicious the service second to none and we visited the restaurant with 2 seperate groups of friends in September. All had never been to Sylvias before and all 6 of them loved it. I do not eat meat but my friends did and all loved the meat saying it was very tender and tasty.I had fish and chips first class and as good if not better than anything I have had in the UK
Also if anyone did not like the food I would have told the owner and I am sure they would have provided something else.
Anyway myseelf, my family and so far 12 friends love the food so please do not be put off :)

Return to “Entertainment”