New TV Series: Englishman living in BG village

Swap advice and information on the better places to go (or NOT to go) anywhere in Bulgaria for a great evening out. Restaurants, Bars, Clubs, Theatres. Whatever your tastes, share them with other Forum members here!

Moderator: Moderator

brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:02 pm

Probably could be said for most expats moving into a BG village situation, but sat watching this with my wife we both agreed that it was so very very close to home its uncanny. Great viewing...

Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:07 pm

brianj42 wrote:Probably could be said for most expats moving into a BG village situation, but sat watching this with my wife we both agreed that it was so very very close to home its uncanny. Great viewing...

Haven't read the book nor seen the series. However, did 'he' get any building jobs; did he sell British foods at car boot sales, did he stab anyone after a rather annoying night of Chalga; did he have problems understanding whether or not he needed to carry snow chains during winter; did he buy too many properties when the prices were dirt cheap and ended up having to go home cos he was broke?

If none of the above then, he's no Brit. :lol:

qwerty
Super User!
Super User!

Postby qwerty » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:46 pm

Moscow_Wolf wrote:
brianj42 wrote:Probably could be said for most expats moving into a BG village situation, but sat watching this with my wife we both agreed that it was so very very close to home its uncanny. Great viewing...

Haven't read the book nor seen the series. However, did 'he' get any building jobs; did he sell British foods at car boot sales, did he stab anyone after a rather annoying night of Chalga; did he have problems understanding whether or not he needed to carry snow chains during winter; did he buy too many properties when the prices were dirt cheap and ended up having to go home cos he was broke?

He went about in a tractor so didn't need snow chains, his building worked happened by magic, he spent a lot of time in the pub with the barmaid, he lost all the village goats, his wife thinks hes having an affair with young/attractive Bulgarian woman....So I would say some of its quite realistic :lol:

Brit_trip
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Brit_trip » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:19 pm

English subs anywhere?

HenryKelly

Postby HenryKelly » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:37 am

Moscow_Wolf wrote:

What about the UK reg car being driven for years?

owenyh
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby owenyh » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:50 pm

how can i get this translated to english as its murder trying to figure what the plot is cheers

Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:14 am

owenyh wrote:how can i get this translated to english as its murder trying to figure what the plot is cheers

I searched and searched for what is called an SRT file (subtitle) to no avail, but that would be of no use when watching it on the TV as it requires a torrent download to attach the srt file to.

Unless some UK TV channel decides to show it at some future date, (like Channel 4 for example) or the Bulgarian's release the series as a DVD with English subtitles, I don't know of any other avenues to get the English subtitles you seek.

However, there is always the chance that someone will come up with a solution other than watching it with a translator. :wink:

womble

Tv series

Postby womble » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:07 pm

Hi everyone happy new year to you all
I would sit down with a bulgarianf friend to translate

owenyh
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby owenyh » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:17 pm

hi will need to email dirty den i think thanks for replies and have a good new year cheers

Return to “Entertainment”