company re-registration

A Forum aimed at individuals or companies who can give or need advice about doing business in Bulgaria and related information and news.

Moderator: Moderator

vjay
Super User!
Super User!

company re-registration

Postby vjay » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:54 pm

Hi .

Have tried on the search button for information on re-registration of company.
I have read it on this site but at the time people didnt know if it was existing companies or opening a new company.

If anybody has any iformation on the subject please could they explain what is actually happening as l believe it comes into force in october.
We have been over in march and june accountant translator and other people we have asked dont seem to know anything about it.

regards Viv and Jim

benson

Postby benson » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:20 pm

Vjay--yes it is VERY frustrating--I raised the initila question ages ago, bu t to date cannot seem to get an answer--EVEN from our BG agent and his lawyers!

only1_bettyspaghetti

Postby only1_bettyspaghetti » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:40 pm

Hello :lol: we are in the processes of buying at the moment and wont have to re-register in October as anyone buying now is OK..as I read about the re-registration on here and spoke to our agents

vjay
Super User!
Super User!

Postby vjay » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:41 pm

Benson.

Just don't know what else to do.

Because what was mentioned before that could happen if you don't do it New or old company?????????????????????.
( WHAT EVER IT IS WAS) could be quite devastating to all concerned.

Vjay

millomgirl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby millomgirl » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:01 pm

I asked my agent about this when I was over in June, and they don't know anything, either. It's all very confusing! :?

jo-
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby jo- » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:40 pm

thelandscapegardener
<b>Property Sales</B>

company re registration

Postby thelandscapegardener » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:05 pm

:D cheers jo for the info
i got a wee bit worried when i read some of the threads about re registration
thankyou :D
youve put my mind at rest

leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:52 pm

The companies shall be registered not in the regional courts upon their location but at the Registry Agency at the Minister of Justice.
That is envisaged in the bill for new commercial law prepared by experts from the United States Agency for International Development and the Center for the Study of Democracy with agency’s help. It’s been drawn up from foreign experience, mainly Norway and is expected to come in force on September, 1st 2006.

The introduction of a central electronic commercial register to be completed by January 1st 2007 is required as directed by the First Directive of EU partnership law. Bulgaria, also, will join the European Commercial Register in which 14 countries participate.

Merchants shall be entered into an unified register for the whole country and not as now in 29 separate places – 28 Regional Courts with its company’s departments and Sofia City Court. The documents shall be submitted to the Registry Agency’s units at every regional court without necessity to be upon their location.

The registration shall be cheaper and faster - average time for processing 3 days (not for 21 days) and the procedure - simplified. The register shall be electronic, the references will be made via the phone and or via internet.

Furthermore, the register shall be public – everyone can look at it and request information. Due to the easier access publishing of some circumstances entered in register in the State Gazette shall not be mandatory.

Each merchant shall have its own identification number which will not be changed until its deletion. It is envisaged this to be a BULSAT Number. The merchant is obliged to include it in all correspondences. In this way, government authorities on their own will check data about the company which are in electronic way without requiring Certificate of company’s present status.

The request for registration or deletion of a merchant shall be considered immediately. If the requirements are met, the entry of the entrepreneur shall take some minutes, for more complicated transformation as of a big company it could take 3 days, explained Mr. Borislav Belazelkov, judge at the Supreme Court of Cassation and one of the authors of the Bill.

Fantastic!

Lee

jo-
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby jo- » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:12 pm

THANK'S ???? LEE???????????? :D

bagpuss
Super User!
Super User!

Postby bagpuss » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:45 am

Howdy,

So in plain English this means what?

Do we as non Bulgarians and also company owners have to register our company in person or will it be an automatic process?

Can an agent or lawyer arrange all this on our behalf with or without the company documents?

Does the company have to be registered by October or in October?

Its as clear as mud to me!!!!!

Return to “Business Link”