Rate Businesses & Services in Bulgaria

A Forum aimed at individuals or companies who can give or need advice about doing business in Bulgaria and related information and news.

Moderator: Moderator

xpert1
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Rate Businesses & Services in Bulgaria

Postby xpert1 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:37 pm

I think this website might be of interest / use to somebody out there. please take a look

http://www.lookbg.com

Anybody who provides services that might be useful to anybody living or interested in Bulgaria can list their business for free & whatsmore you the users can rate the businesses, by visiting the websites you can promote them in the popularity charts, pointing other users in the right direction.

All of the links on the site have been placed by the owners of the businesses including "My Bulgaria".

leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:58 pm

I have to say that is the most stupid website I have seen in years. You can go on it and put in rating after rating after rating, so anyone whose business is featured there could bump up their rating in a few minutes if they wanted to. Alternatively a competitor could drive it down!
To test this, I have just in a couple of minutes, put this site down to a dismal 3.25 out of 10 (sorry Chris!) and then in a couple of minutes more put it back up to 8 out of 10!

And the main sponsor, Bulgarian books is just a direct link to some books selected of Amazon UK, which will get someone a small reward for the 'clickthrough'.

Lee

xpert1
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby xpert1 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:06 pm

Lee, it's a shame we have abusers but easily spotted by the LookBG Team and put right.
Once again somebody trying to do some good is shot down in flames.
Would be grateful if you didn't abuse the rankings in future as it triggers a string of emails & causes unneccessary work.
Rather you just deleted the string & be done with it.

Admin
LookBG.com

leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:52 pm

On reflection, given some of the sites I do visit (google, videos, comedy top 100) for example, perhaps most stupid was too strong. But unless you say on the site, how the site is protected from this activity, then I wouldn't put any confidence on the results! So take it as a consumer test and critique!

Emails to whom? Not the abuser, as you don't require any registration....

Lee

DANNIA
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby DANNIA » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:03 pm

This is very true Lee, I would like to think that if I do manage to get any ratings they will be real ones, (only if they are positive though :P )
Nikki

Xpert1 is there a way to put a stop to this do you think??

xpert1
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby xpert1 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:30 am

Lee,
emails to us of course, I would have thought being a website owner, books it would seem (noting your earlier sour comments) you would appreciate everything said and done on the internet is recorded as an ISP address, we can track where rankings are coming from and multiple rankings from a single ISP address are simple to spot. this triggers an alarm and is quickly rectified. Wake up to the world of Big Brother. It's with us & here to stay.
Alot of thought & effort has gone into this website.Take a look at yours we would be happy to quoute for a revamp!!!!

leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:39 am

Thanks for the advertisment, we welcome any comments on our site.

Lee

Return to “Business Link”