art in Bulgaria???

A Forum aimed at individuals or companies who can give or need advice about doing business in Bulgaria and related information and news.

Moderator: Moderator

Janee
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

art in Bulgaria???

Postby Janee » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:36 am

Hi,
I'm pretty sure I am not in the correct forum so I'll keep this brief.
I currently teach art, English and living skills in a Scottish male prison. I have previously worked with young offenders and special needs. I am desperate for a jail break (change of job!) and have been trying to locate any organisations that build links/partnerships in the art/culture area between Britain and Bulgaria. So far with no success.
I am shortly going to start renovating a house I bought in a village near Ruse (I have already bought a house there 3 years ago with friends) I want to spend more time in BG and would be very keen on this type of work.
Can anyone point me anywhere useful please??!! I would much appreciate any ideas
thanks
Jan

Gaza

Re: art in Bulgaria???

Postby Gaza » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:18 pm

Janee wrote:Hi,
I'm pretty sure I am not in the correct forum so I'll keep this brief.
I currently teach art, English and living skills in a Scottish male prison. I have previously worked with young offenders and special needs. I am desperate for a jail break (change of job!) and have been trying to locate any organisations that build links/partnerships in the art/culture area between Britain and Bulgaria. So far with no success.
I am shortly going to start renovating a house I bought in a village near Ruse (I have already bought a house there 3 years ago with friends) I want to spend more time in BG and would be very keen on this type of work.
Can anyone point me anywhere useful please??!! I would much appreciate any ideas
thanks
Jan

TRY THE ART UNIVERSITY VELIKO TURNOVO GOOD LUCK GAZA

primarniqueen

Art in Bulgaria

Postby primarniqueen » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:25 pm

My husband is a Public Artist (and p*ss Artist some say!)- (Sculpture)

He is too trying to form links with Art departments in Bulgaria.

Our house is near VT.

He did apply for funding for link for commission/ exhibition, forging links with Bulgaria, with the Art Gallery in Sophia unsuccessfully and is looking for more commissions in Bulgaria.

In Ireland when they joined EU every major new road has to have an art work next to it funded by EU which is why he spends a lot of time there!

He is in Ireland at the moment working when he comes back tommorrow I will ask him to PM you if he has found any more Art links.

Janee
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Janee » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:02 pm

Thanks for that. You cannot pm me at the moment though because our website and e mail address used here is not online - problems with the website, and I can't figure out how to change it for the purpose of this forum..if that makes sense.
Your husbands work sounds interesting. I am sure there must be organisations and funding out there for this type of thing particularly as BG has just joined the EU...it's just knowing where to look. I'm more interested in being part of a group who work both in this country and BG..particularly children or special needs, but would consider anything. I had thought about trying for links within prisons but I dont think Bulgarian jails would regard art as a necessary part of education....
We'll see what turns up through this posting.
If anyone reading this wants to e mail me at home dsmacpherson@bagpipes.fsworld.co.uk definitely does work!
bye for now
Jan

stevo1954

Art in Bulgaria

Postby stevo1954 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:39 pm

Hi Janee,
Am not sure if or how I can help, but I live and work as an Artist in Bulgaria (Bourgas Region) near Karnobat.

Please see my website and posts on here.

Kind regards

Martin Stephenson

Return to “Business Link”