Gofarmer - worth expanding to include Bulgaria?

A Forum aimed at individuals or companies who can give or need advice about doing business in Bulgaria and related information and news.

Moderator: Moderator

rgawith
Super User!
Super User!

Gofarmer - worth expanding to include Bulgaria?

Postby rgawith » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:48 am

Myself and my ex-partner, back in the UK started a website for farmers and smallholders and rural businesses back in 2004/2005. The site was basically an online classified site where anyone with an interest in rural life could promote their products and services. There are various categories such as livestock, farm machinery, B&Bs, farms and land for sale and so on. It works on a subscription basis and is 5 pounds for first year and 45 pounds for each year after that and for this you can place as many adverts as you like, submit articles on your business or farm, use the forum, send in news articles and so on.

I have recently managed to take this over so that I am now the sole owner and person running Gofarmer. We did expand the site to include areas for expats in France as many British move to France to run smallholdings.

I am wondering whether it would be worth also including Bulgaria - mainly for the expat community involved in any type of rural business - farming, producing home grown veg/meat to sell, running B&Bs on smallholdings, riding facilities, camping etc....

What are your thoughts as would like to guage interest before getting quote from web designer. Please visit http://www.gofarmer.com and let me know.

Rachel[/url]

rgawith
Super User!
Super User!

took the plunge

Postby rgawith » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:36 am

Well took the plunge and http://www.gofarmer.com now open for business in Bulgaria.

So you can join to list things for sale like home produced meat or crafts, rural B&B's, horse riding, 4x4's for sale, rural property and farms (please ensure that only actual smallholding type properties and farms and agricultural land - not for development, is listed as do not want this to become a general property site).

I need to get website main pages updated and hope to spend tomorrow doing this.

Rachel

rgawith
Super User!
Super User!

All done - Will refund initial £5 fee for any MyBG members

Postby rgawith » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:17 am

well Gofarmer is now officially 'in' Bulgaria.
Website all updated and open for Expats to list their rural B&B, horse riding holidays, livestock, meat produce, 4x4's etc for sale.

As a special offer to launch into Bulgaria, I will refund the £5/6.50 Euro joining fee for the first year to any MyBG members that choose to subscribe.

I am also looking for rural businesses in Bulgaria to feature on the Business Focus page and if you run a smallholding or farm, a feature on the Farm Focus page.

Rachel
http://www.gofarmer.com

rgawith
Super User!
Super User!

forum

Postby rgawith » Tue May 06, 2008 9:15 am

I have updated the Gofarmer forum so there is now a section for farming and smallholding in Bulgaria. If this interests you please pop along and register at http://www.gofarmer.com/forum.php

Rachel

jinx57
<b>Property Finder</b>

European farm subsidy

Postby jinx57 » Wed May 21, 2008 1:12 pm

tried to locate info on European farm subsidies available for ex brits wanting to farm in Bulg, no joy from embassy or Strasbourg. Can anyone help please?

rgawith
Super User!
Super User!

sheep farming

Postby rgawith » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:48 am

For those interested in sheep farming in Bulgaria and starting off in farming here, I have just posted an article by a lady who has just gone into keeping sheep here in Bulgaria on my rural and farming website at http://www.gofarmer.com under the farm focus towards the bottom of the page.

Rachel

rgawith
Super User!
Super User!

be aware of Paul of lazydaypools.com

Postby rgawith » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:38 pm

Please be aware of Paul. He signed up for Gofarmer last year to advertise his farm he had for sale. It is clearly stated on the website, registration page and payment pages that the first year is a special introductory off of 5 pounds and then each subsequent year is 45 pounds. You set up a recurring subscription through Worldpay as the credit card process. It is up to the customer to keep their emails from Worldpay and cancel the recurring credit card payment if they no longer want to remain a member of Gofarmer. There are many places on the website where it states there are no refunds if someone decides they no longer want to be a member and advertise but does not bother to cancel their subscription through Worldpay.

His payment for the second year was just taken and I get an email from him demanding a refund, saying he never agreed to this. This is not true as he signed up for the subscription and set it up.

I pointed out no refunds are given but as he signed up as a member of MyBG I would refund the initial 5 pounds and reinstate his membership that he had terminated so he could continue advertising for a year.

I have also passed on a couple of leads to him for selling his farm which game through the Gofarmer site.

He now intends to try and claim a refund or charge back from his credit card and has put up the following blog to try and discredit my business and website:

http://gofarmerlegalisedrobbery.bloggzor.com/

Please be aware when doing business with this guy that he can turn very nasty and vindictive. You only have to see the defamatory comments on the site above.

I run a good and honest business. Gofarmer has been in business for over 5 years and successfully helped many in promoting their products and services. Now this guy decides because he cannot be bothered to read the website or terms and conditions, he can try and blackmail me for a refund and discredit me and my website and business.

jinx57
<b>Property Finder</b>

Postby jinx57 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:54 pm

Hope you guys manage to get this resolved soonest. I have experience of similar but in a different market sector - business not returning funds to client and client trying to extract er-re-imbursement from me. When I say 'no' you dealt directly the smear campaign etc starts.
So hold your head up, stick to your principles and don't be ground down.
Best wishes

Muffy
<b> Pool Supplier/Installer </b>

Postby Muffy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:57 pm

Yes i signed up to your site, yes i didn't fully read the terms and conditions of which i am guilty(as are most people). What i took offense to and so should other people is the fact there is no prior warning that monies will be taken for a subscription.
It is not just a fault of yours but of worldpays as well and something you should really look into because all it takes is a bit of google searching to realise how many people are stung by these subscriptions (not your site but others)
I will not remove the blog because everything on it is true and if just one person reads it and saves themselves £45 it will be a job well done.
I am not discrediting you i am discrediting the practice of the subscription service you use and the lack of reminders you or worldpay send out.

rgawith
Super User!
Super User!

soo...

Postby rgawith » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:14 pm

er....so you conveniently did not read registration page, did not read page when you set up subscription, did not read page on worldpay when it said you were setting up a future pay subscription....there are numerous pages before getting to the actual payment page that tell you that you are setting up a recurring payment and that you need to keep initial emails and cancelling is your responsibility.

So there was no email from worldpay telling you that your payment would be taken when you had already agreed to this....and so you send emails to me demanding refunds, set up blogs as already stated....demand your credit card for a refund instead of doing the honourable thing and admitting you did not cancel subscription when it was your responsibility.

Cheers jink57 - there will always be the people who fail to take responsibilty and think the best way is to try and blackmail businesses into refunds and start smear campaigns.

Return to “Business Link”