Gofarmer - worth expanding to include Bulgaria?

A Forum aimed at individuals or companies who can give or need advice about doing business in Bulgaria and related information and news.

Moderator: Moderator

funboyslim
Super User!
Super User!

Postby funboyslim » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:23 pm

I too do not read the 'small print' but I totally agree with the business. It is at their DISCRETION to offer a refund or NOT.

If I were this business I would NOT give a refund either. Why should it?

When you enter into a credit agreement, or a buy now pay later arrangement you have (in the former) a 30 day "cooling off period" (in the latter) a specified time limit. In the instance here, it was indeed CLEARLY specified. So why should a BUSINESS refund a subscription that was applied.

As for whether the subscriptions are "cost effective" or make economic sense to a subscriber, this is totally another matter. If it proves to be a worthless subscription, you cannot blame the business, UNLESS it mislead the prospective subscriber in some way. I do not know if this was the case and I assume neither does any other member.

leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:33 pm

Yes but I would be unhappy with any service that I signed up to that didn't tell me in advance that it was going to remove money from my account, a year is a long time to remember this would happen, and then that gives you a chance to review if you wanted to continue. I am reading between the lines here but that doesn't seem to have been the case here. All the subscription type things that I do online do this, even the monthly ones. I am just having a shout at a website that required a subscription for me to see the forum, which it said was lively and full of information, after I paid I was able to see that in fact there had been no posts for nearly a year....so far I have had no reply to my request to stop my subscription so I will have to go to my credit card company and ask them to block it...

In this case, given that after a year the site had not proved a success, if I had been running this I would have renewed the original offer until things improved. But that is just my approach to business, and I don't know the ins and outs of this other than what I see, there may be a load of happy subscribers that don't happen to be advertising there right now.... if so I am sure they will come and say so.

bulldoggeorge
<b>Property Sales/Rentals</b>

Postby bulldoggeorge » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:55 pm

leedarkwood wrote:I have had no reply to my request to stop my subscription so I will have to go to my credit card company and ask them to block it...

In this case, given that after a year the site had not proved a success, if I had been running this I would have renewed the original offer until things improved. But that is just my approach to business, and I don't know the ins and outs of this other than what I see, there may be a load of happy subscribers that don't happen to be advertising there right now.... if so I am sure they will come and say so.

You credit card company can not, and will not stop payments once you have given your details. You can only stop or re-claim payments if there is fraud involved. It is up to you to stop payments with the supplier, if they agree.

As for all you people who do not read the small print!! well all I can say is bigger fools you!
It's no wonder so many people get "ripped off" or find themselves in trouble if they take so little care of their own interests.
Just goes to prove Cabbage is right in some of his assumptions :roll: :roll:

funboyslim
Super User!
Super User!

Postby funboyslim » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:00 pm

Lee, why should they come forward and say so, they may not even be members on here. And why would they have to be bothered.

As to a year is a long time, with computers and software it is very easy to do ANNUAL reminders.

If as I said you used the buy now pay later "business practice", and you did not pay on the anniversary of purchase, an automatic credit agreement commences on a three year term at astronomical interest rate. Bet people who did take up this kind of offer and forgot to pay on time did not go back to the shop to compain. And even if they did, I bet they got "short thrift".

leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:54 pm

It is very easy and quite normal for companies to do annual reminders before they take money out. My hosting service does it, the booksites I list books on do it, my insurance does it.... I consider it courtesy as that way I can check the funds are there to cover it....

funboyslim
Super User!
Super User!

Postby funboyslim » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:50 pm

I commend you and your business Lee, you adopt "best business practice", but this misses the point. Just because a business does not adopt the same, does not mean it is wrong to not do so.

What will happen, as may with this venture, subscribers will be more careful with the signing up and therefore the business "model" may suffer.

Ultimately the business does NOT HAVE to refund the subscriber just because he/she did not read the detail, large or small. The business is quite within its rights to decline a refund, and I think that to intimidate a business to try and get one is wrong

fatsteve
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Nothing there !

Postby fatsteve » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:06 am

In my opinion this site could work but hells bells even a fiver is too much to ask for empty web pages, I would like to buy and sell farming goods in BG and sure there are more than just I.
This site should have an initial free trial period to entice buyers and sellers to advertise bearing in mind MYBG does it for free !
Fatsteve

Return to “Business Link”