ENGLISH HAIRDRESSER

A Forum aimed at individuals or companies who can give or need advice about doing business in Bulgaria and related information and news.

Moderator: Moderator

booboo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby booboo » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:35 am

magicvw wrote:I'm quite curious - just how many clients a month would a hairdresser need in order to make enough money to live?

The last time I went (in VT, with my 1.5 year-old daughter), we both had haircuts, my daughter was supplied with toys to keep her amused,, and my hairdresser arranged a taxi to pick us up after the 1.5 hour session. The bill was 15 levs.

Not to mention that extra money will be needed to cover the EXTRA work involved in the tax return as it will not be 'NIL' anymore. This is something many people forget about. Also as it is a service provided to individuals (i.e. cutting their hair) would not some kind of certificate be required as well as liability insurance. I am not sure on this.ALSO if one is running a service or business in which you are receiving money from clients that would otherwise pay to another 'service provider' in this case another (bulgarian) hairdresser, then it must be declared correctly not only legally but morally. IN general Bulgarians have relatively little money, yet brits still try to create businesses to deprive the local provider of such a service their earnings further....pffft

dale21
Super User!
Super User!

Postby dale21 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:28 am

OAK I have p.m 'd you

thanks

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:19 pm

"Patenten Danuk" is payable I think as well as all the other taxes involved in running a small business.

Grimsbymick
<b>British/Speciality Food Supplier</b>

Re;- contact

Postby Grimsbymick » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:57 am

Hi Oak - Elfrost,
Have pm'd you.

Regards
Michaela

bvlgary
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Fellow hairdresser/barber

Postby bvlgary » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:45 pm

Hi Cherry first of all, I have researched this area quite a bit, bioth for local i.e towns and also the resorts.

Bulgarian prices for haircusts are very low compared to the UK, as UK prices are low compared to countries like Germany. My area of research has been different, as I am planning on opening a 'traditional' barber shop,

I have a house in the dobrich region also.
It would be ideal to converse with somebody on the same mindset and maybe brainstorm a few ideas.

First of all, it will not be easy. There is the whole language barrier. This can be avoided slightly by having a bulgarian person/manager in the store, that can help with interpretation and also maybe costs as far as signing leases. Remember, we are essentially foreigners.

For a mens haircut in Varna an acquaintance I made from germany piad 7Lev (3 pound) for a haircut. In the UK the same haircut would cost 7 pound and up. He says it normally costs 22 euro to gwet his hair cut in germany.
My mother had her hair cut last year, and the price, if i remember was about 5 pound.

For me, unless I was financially secure already, i would not be able to libve on this as a start up as i do not beleive there would be the clien t base there. (or could be), of course, I could very easily be proved wrong. I do beleive though, esp with a barber shop that a small shop could be opened at maybe golden sands, aiming specifically to tourists. There are not many hairdressers there, in hotels yes but not as shops.with you being english, this could also be a good attraction as they would likely go into the store out of curiosity, tyo ask advice from anopther english person, and this will in turn increaqse the number of people opening the store. There is more on this side if you want to pm me.
This side, of course has its draw backs as aimed specifically there will be negligible out of tourist season, so you will prob be signing 5 month contracts for the summer. Ideally you could open two, one inland open all year long, maybe where some staff could be trained, and one at a resort, the staff trained ccould then move about as in the uk. I am a barber by trade, and I have just trained my fiancees son, who is planning to come over with me if/when i do open. mine will prob just be at the beach though unless i find a partner that could maybe expand and move into a different area with. Please pm me if need further info, advise etc, or just to brainstorm. and good luck. Even though something maybe difficult does not mean it will not work, and the business that seems less viable, if that businesas can be made viable then you will reap the rewards. regards

alig
Super User!
Super User!

h/dresser

Postby alig » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:01 pm

:D Hi, just for extra info for you, we live just outside Dobrich and go to a lady, on the 1st floor who has a hairdressing salon in the small mall, by the large parking area, just down from the square. She cuts mine and my wifes hair, the usual, wets it with the squirty bottle 1st. She does a very good job, considering we dont speak bulgarian and she does not speak a word of english. Her charge for this is 5Lev each!!!!
This should not however, put you off though, as i think many english people will pay you more, purely down to the fact of the language.
The other thing they do, is, you can take in your own hair colour kit (which start @ about 2.50 lev) and the hairdresser will apply it for a very small cost.
Alig

Memsahib
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Memsahib » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:19 am

I, like Alig and wife, go to a local hairdresser just around the corner from the main post office in Dobrich, again the charge is 5lv. I have my hair styled like the lady that does the nails and waxing there so with my little bulgarian the girls know I want done. It's nice to be able to sit there and not have to answer questions of "where are you going on holiday this year?" etc etc :lol:

alig
Super User!
Super User!

h/dresser

Postby alig » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:41 am

Hi Memsaihib, i know that place, we walk past it as we park down there. Wondered what they were like, may give it a try for a change.
Alig :D

Buzzard
<b>Car Rental</b>

English Hairdresser

Postby Buzzard » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:56 am

Hi All

Mrs Buzzard uses a really good hairdresser in General Toshevo, full hair cut and style for 7 leva and very attentive, and as you say no rubbish chat about holidays etc......

Cheers

Buzzard

nan2pop

Postby nan2pop » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:37 pm

Hello has anyone had a perm you will see from previous messages I have posted I got caught by a mobile hairdresser who burnt my hair now it is a little better I still want a perm has anyone had a perm with what results and where did you go thanks

Return to “Business Link”