eBay business in Bulgaria

A Forum aimed at individuals or companies who can give or need advice about doing business in Bulgaria and related information and news.

Moderator: Moderator

ImperialGallon
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

eBay business in Bulgaria

Postby ImperialGallon » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:38 am

Does anyone know if it would be possible, in terms of operation, to run an ebay based business in bulgaria. Being mostly post/shipping related would the postal service be reliable secure? Appreciate any advice, also any input from anyone there who has tried/tyring it.

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:20 am

Leedarkwood on this forum runs a bookshop that does postal deliveries from Bulgaria. Ask her.

As for e-bay there were posts a while back indicating that e-bay did not approve of businesses operated from Bulgaria.

lyn
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby lyn » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:01 am

It can definitely be done. We needed a cigarette lighter for our van when we travelled over here so we could run our mini fridge and re-charge our mobiles. I bought one off E-bay and found it had been sent from Bulgaria! I also came across a Bulgarian on Ebay in the States who had literally thousands of Bulgarian memorabilia items for sale.

blackaqua
Super User!
Super User!

Postby blackaqua » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:00 am

we have dive accessories made here in Bulgaria and we import from Taiwan some of the goods end up on e-bay and on the on line shop its part of the EU now and it works. Its just a matter of working out costs and shipping.

http://www.blackaqua.eu/tec-diving.htm
www.divebubble.co.uk
Last edited by blackaqua on Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

carriemc
<b>Rental Agent</b>

Postby carriemc » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:46 am

It can be done.

I bought some rose of Bulgaria products last year as Christmas presents from Ebay and they were shipped direct from Bulgaria.

Caroline

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:05 am

So e-bay reckon Bulgaria post-accession is "kosher" ! That is good.

Cameo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Cameo » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:49 am

I have thought about this as I loved to ebay back in the UK. My main concern for over here though was would the actual ariticles get delivered to me, and also from me. I seem to have read so much on here about parcles and letters going missing, it makes me wonder if this would be a problem. Could those of you who do regular postal serviced please tell us if you ever have items go missing, and if so, how frequent.

MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:57 am

Hi all,

A thread discussing the Bulgarian postal system can be found here;

http://www.mybulgaria.info/modules.php? ... ssing+post

We realize that the two topics are bound to have some crossover but can we try to keep this one for talking specifically about ebay.

Thanks

Mod 8)

owain
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby owain » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:39 am

I've been buying and selling with ebay while living here for 3 years. Postage is mostly very good as long as you send items 'signed for' then delivery times are between 3 and 7 days.
The only times I've had problems with receiving is when the senders don't post their items 'signed for' but as long as you buy via paypal you can claim your money back. I've been receiving and sending an average of 4 parcels a week for 3 years.All the parcels I've sent have arrived and only on 4 or 5 occassions I haven't received deliveries.
I've always found the Bulgarian Postal service to be quite reliable for National and International deliveries.

carriemc
<b>Rental Agent</b>

Postby carriemc » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:32 am

I've sent quite a few parcels etc. to Bulgaria using normal post office services. Anything I have sent 'signed for' has made it without a problem and have lost one send standard post. Luckily it was nothing very important.

On thinking about all this though would you not be better selling product you can buy in Bg, into the UK market? Rather than importing then exporting.

Another angle to consider depending on what you intend to sell is 'dropshipping' ie you don't actually hold goods just sell them on behalf of a company. They send them out & usually charge your credit or debit card before despatch. The margins are usually fairly tight on this kind of arrangement so you would need to be sure that your overhead was covered ie ebay & paypal fees, postage etc (plus profit of course!).

Caroline

Return to “Business Link”