solar energy subsidies

A Forum aimed at individuals or companies who can give or need advice about doing business in Bulgaria and related information and news.

Moderator: Moderator

ChrisLaw
<b>Lawyer</b>

solar energy subsidies

Postby ChrisLaw » Fri May 22, 2009 2:33 pm

Hi guys,
Are there any of you filling already documents for renewable energy subsidies for solar cells to be installed on your land?

cruicky50
<b>Transport Services</b>

Postby cruicky50 » Fri May 22, 2009 3:19 pm

No but would like to know more about it

stevetheyorky
Super User!
Super User!

Postby stevetheyorky » Fri May 22, 2009 3:27 pm

Likewise more info please

steve

johnbaz
<b>Tradesman</b>

Postby johnbaz » Fri May 22, 2009 3:38 pm

I am putting in Solar hot water at the moment . Is this one of these long draw out bank loan things . Like the air con last year .

theweeton
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby theweeton » Fri May 22, 2009 4:48 pm

Would like to know more, I assume that its like any other european grant it costs more to do ancillary work than the grant is worth and/or you have to use certain nominated/ approved companys who normally charge three times the local solar master

vanhornstern
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

solar power...

Postby vanhornstern » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:32 pm

Bulgaria’s rural areas flocked with solar power projects
Bulgaria is seeing a growing interest in renewable energy, with State Fund Agriculture (SFA) receiving 24 solar plant proposals in March alone, said consultants Elana Investment, which prepare EU-financed agriculture projects.

At the start of the year the fund’s payment agency opened application procedures for proposals under the measure for creation and development of micro businesses, which hands out European and national subsidies for alternative energy installations as well. Almost 200 proposals have been submitted so far, where green energy projects make a substantial part, the SFA said.

http://www.yourprojectnews.com/news_ite ... wsID=30260
Unlike prosperous member states such as Germany, Bulgaria is unable to provide lavish subsidies for solar power, or single-handedly muster the financial resources needed to fund large-scale wind and tidal projects. Nuclear power is one alternative, but the lack of funding has weighed heavily on the government.
http://www.worldpoliticsreview.com/article.aspx?id=3806
I’ll keep looking because I remember reading about if you invest in solar power panels you get a certain percentage back but don’t quote me on that until I can find where I read it and remember it correctly.
Hey Chris if you have a moment would like to ask you a quick question of I may?

Mindy

neilmay
Super User!
Super User!

Postby neilmay » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:45 am

Well our Solar hot water cost us about 500 lev and works fine.
solar electric panels too expensive for now.

Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:54 am

The use of SAPARD funding for establishment of solar electric systems is actually outside of the scope of the programme - which didn't stop them using it to build hotels in the early days - so expect this to be closed soon. The main system involves a subsidised price paid by the electricity network for energy from renewable sources. Small producers sign a 15-20 year contract which covers the cost of installing the facilities. 'Successful' in Germany and Spain but it has led to dramatic increases in the price of photovoltaic cells that threatens the viability almost everywhere else. The biggest problem in Bulgaria is a lack of connectivity to the grid for large systems (which tend to be located in the middle of nowhere) - unless NEK managers just happen to be your business partners and, for smaller producers, a refusal of the NEK to sign contracts because they lose money on them.

Lots of people are promising this and getting good fees to develop projects but very few are actually getting them off the ground. Be wary of anyone offering to help on anything other than a success fee basis.

vanhornstern
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby vanhornstern » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:18 pm

Thanks for that Matt,

I was told that funding for SAPARD was done. I would love to be able to find a source that would give me a few clues on what steps to take to get into organic farming after the land has been bought. (where to register as a farm, how to be certified as an organic farm, show that there are some subsidies and find out if we are eligible, how to contact buyers, find out any other details about farming in Bulgaria.) If you knew of an internet site you could point me to I would appreciate it but thanks so much for sharing what you did.

v

Slaphead
Pig Headed

Postby Slaphead » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:57 am

The link below is to an EU search engine, it's quite good.

http://europa.eu/geninfo/query/

If memory serves me well, when I queried the availability of grants for things such as a wind turbine, the answer given was that the EU doesn't give grants to individuals, but do to organisations. There is such an organisation in BG but I gave up trying and have memory dumped who it is/they are.

Slaps.

Return to “Business Link”