the best cat/pet food at much cheaper prices. please read.

A Forum aimed at individuals or companies who can give or need advice about doing business in Bulgaria and related information and news.

Moderator: Moderator

leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:46 pm

We feed ours on goose frames and chicken wings at around 1 leva a kilo, but compared with biscuit you feed them a lot less in weight, as they need less with such a high protein level.

If anyone wants a dog, I have one that prefers to eat mobile phones..... :D

Slaphead
Pig Headed

Postby Slaphead » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:49 pm

Our 4 dogs thrive on Dante from Kaufland - 21 lev for 15 kg. Wouldn't dream of spending 85 lev on a bag of dog food with 4 dogs to feed.

Apparently raw chicken wings including bones are good for your dogs and these can be picked up cheaply en masse in Metro.

Mrs Slaps

lyn
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby lyn » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:29 pm

My border collie was only fed the very best dog food in the UK. When we came here we couldn't buy his food and if we could, I doubt if we could have afforded it, especially now we have 2 dogs. Now they get a mixture of boiled up hearts, lungs, chicken livers or whatever is dirt cheap in Kaufland's throw out bin, plus rice, muesli and vegetables, which include veg peelings plus some Dante to crunch on. They also get bones, and the occasional drop of olive oil, milk and eggs. It costs us around 10-15 leva a week. They are both extremely healthy, have no weight problems and have shiny coats and clean teeth.

On the advice of the vet they get one meal a week of bread and yoghurt - something that once would have horrified me!

missbeans

cheaper pet food

Postby missbeans » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:38 am

hello everyone and thank you for your comments. I just thought I could help out.............when one of my cats was caught ina trap (big metal thing, highly illegal) it severed his leg almost from the breast bone. he had been missing for two days and I was away, on the third day kris went looking before work at six in the morning and found him. he was almost dead and was in toxic shock (the cat, not kris....though he was a close 2nd after seeing the sight) a friend THANK YOU BERNICE, got him to the vet and i telephoned and said no expense was to be spared (bl**dy hell, they sure took that sentence seriously!) and he was a week in vet, hospital and survived. he had already (prior to my "owning" him) lost an ear and got a dented nose, and of course balls were the first to go.........should have called him "lucky..." but, anyway, I asked what was the very best food I could possibly give him for recovery.....and i was told by many "royal canin" it IS "canin" not "canine". so I bought some. and what a spectacular recovery it was. I started feeding all my own and my rescue temp cats on it, there coats shone, their eyes gleamed, every morning I would find a line of various rodents dead on the mat downstaires, because contrary to what every irish farmer believes, cats hunt with far greater success when they are well cared for and well fed. as with a human, thier senses are sharper and they are quicker when proper nutrition is given. royal canin cat food is the exact balance of the nutrients needed for optimum health. theres a hell of a lot of different ingredients in their foods, and they (unlike procter and gamble) do not use animals in cruel experiments to achieve their goals re exemplary care and nutrition. they care about animals. they provide me with the best food at rock bottom price and deliver it from uk to rep. of ireland, to my front door, free of charge by courier. I understand that some people think it outrageous that I pay for the best for my animals, but i do also care for people, have had seven foster children who WERE NOT payed for by any government agency to be in my care, I supported them working at home with my design business, and my eldest son helped enormously by teaching them all to play the guitar, it was a full and happy home. but I am older now, and I still love kids and I still open my door and my heart to anyone in need, but yes, I guess I have wound down a bit since the old pauseofmen kicked in ( ok, MENOPAUSE) and I am doing what I can with what I have, and the energy available. I do not amorphise these animals, just try to give them what we all need, we, after all, did domesticate them, especially in egypt, so love and affection and protection from harm and the best food I can get....well, I figure thats something good. ****, we all need that. at this very moment, there is a male cat, i think around ten years old, who is under the table near my feet. he has been loved and then left two years ago by his owner, through no fault of hers. his loneliness has caused him to lose all the fur around his neck, he is a reverse lion!. it took a few hours, but he has started to believe he is loved again, and is quite charming in his tentative acceptance of my affection. I have to go and pick up his sister tomorrow.....I need this like a hole in the head! but just leave them? no way. sorry, one of you mentioned in a post the cost of petrol if I wre to bring cat food down to bg, well, obviously, and I mean no offence, I would hardly be stupid enough (believe it or not) to be transporting cat food 3000 ks and under the impression it would save ANYONE money. my idea was simply to utilise small spaces in vehicles that wre going down to bg already, I am back and forth as finances allow as my mum is here in hospital permanently. others make the trip a few times a year, often with enough space for a bag of cat food. I was just trying to pass on the saving, thats all. goodnight.

Fantasia

Postby Fantasia » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:45 am

I believe that missbeans was trying to be helpful and is genuine in that regard.A simple no thankyou surely would suffice for all those not interested?

missbeans

cheaper pet food

Postby missbeans » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:02 am

well thats just typical.....forgot the most important bit, royal canin is the cheapest food to feed your pets. ok I can hear you all saying I am crazy (again). I did all the calculations, and because it is so rich in nutrients, you only need to feed them very little. i used to buy the general supermarket brands, dry food, whiskas, kitekat etc, but it actually worked out cheaper to feed them the best stuff! example: 3 adult and active cats, one 10 kilo bag (aprox. 80 lev) lasts 3 months. thats about 26.60 per month, which is about 8.60 per cat, which is around 7 a week, so 2.30 lev per cat. so don't tell me i am crazy............Its common sense! ( yes my cats do gets scraps as well......thats a treat!) ( its a treat because if you eat the best steak everyday, sure enough your going to crave a hamburger from time to time.........its the reason some husbands (and wives) are unfaithful.....they crave a change! even if its not good for them!) so ladies, if he's looking like he's uniniterested after all these years, try dyeing your hair, put on something you would NEVER usually wear, even an accent. PLAY. have FUN. its a gas! ( oh MAN am I going to get it for this......)

missbeans

cheaper pet food

Postby missbeans » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:07 am

thank you fantasia, I could not agree more. xxx( but I don't mind, they must be TERRIBLY bored, gives them something to do, so I am actually helping them. :lol:

neilmay
Super User!
Super User!

Postby neilmay » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:42 am

Well our cat eats for 1 lev a week on the most popular cat food in the pet shop we use and not the cheapest. No scraps, and is healthy and fit,
If I feed it any of these fancy rich in nutrients foods she is sick because she can not digest them.
We love our animals but watch our pockets as well.

Our cat and Dog are both 12 yrs old and have many years left of a happy life with good food and exercise.

lyn
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby lyn » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:58 am

Royal Canin is an excellent cat food and the price at which Missbeans is importing it, is very good - around half what it costs at our vet's. The only problem I have, is that our (16 year old) cat won't eat it. :(

johnbaz
<b>Tradesman</b>

Postby johnbaz » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:04 am

This thread sound like a Monty Pyphon sketch . We were so poor . Or is it a competition for tight wades . All Missbean was trying to do was trying to help with some cheap cat / dog food . Thank missbean .

Return to “Business Link”