new business boarding kennels

A Forum aimed at individuals or companies who can give or need advice about doing business in Bulgaria and related information and news.

Moderator: Moderator

aaron772

Postby aaron772 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:21 pm

We have a few Bulgarian friends with dogs here in Sofia and they use Dog hotels quite often when they go away as they wouldn't trust the neighbors with their 3000lv dogs. I think all people are different I'm lucky the mother in law loves to baby sit our dog however if she wasn't available I would quite willingly use the Dog Hotel as our Dog needs lots of attention and most of my neighbors in the apartment complex work all day, but there are quite a few Bulgarians even than earn considerable amounts of money here that do use the dog hotels, But then Sofia is different to most parts of Bulgaria and maybe research is the way to go...

theweeton
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby theweeton » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:37 pm

I do so wish people would stop humanizing their pets needs it is a boarding kennel not a Hotel

That said there is money in it if done right.
Start small and don't overinvest.
Do not rely on it as your sole source of income,
let people know although you like dogs it is a business and not a charity.

A business start up in Bulgaria is a bit like gamboling on the horses, with some inside information, in the U.K.. You think you have loads of cash to throw at it because of the economics in Bulgaria and the exchange rate but never invest more tan you can afford to loose

B52
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby B52 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:25 pm

Theweeton said…
I do so wish people would stop humanizing their pets needs it is a boarding kennel not a Hotel

Sorry, I thought that the original reference to “dog hotel” alluded to hotels that took dogs as distinct from kennels where you would leave them behind.

Having reread spiralbg’s post I guess it is a bit ambiguous. However, if the Bulgarians choose to call them (kennels) hotels (or use a word that implies hotels; whether they do or not, I don’t care) then far be it from anyone else to deny them that right. Anyway, most definitions for “hotel” preclude the use of the word “human” or “people” and merely refer to, e.g. “a commercially run establishment providing lodging and usually meals for guests”. I think that the word “guest” is sufficiently vague to encompass any lifeform, including mould.

As far as a business being like “gamboling on the horses” is concerned, I guess it depends how fast it takes off.

theweeton
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby theweeton » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:14 pm

The distinction you should be making is the difference between a kennel and a boarding kennel.

I am all for freedom of speech but lets call a spade a spade and not dress it up as something it is not.

The differences between a hotel and a boarding establishment are vast as far as the legal world is concerned. Try reading the Hotel Proprietors Act.,whish does not apply to boarding establishments.
As The welfare of animals is far more important than humans,I suggest, although I have done no research, that the the difference in client protection is magnified, the animals welfare is paramount.

I would further advise if you are going to go down the route of dog hotel that you add the word private to the title.

Once you realise that hotels are different kettle of fish to boarding establishments you will then realise that you can call it what you want in the human world some of the more popular ones are Motel, Lodge and of cause my personal favorite Towers

"As far as a business being like “gamboling on the horses” is concerned, I guess it depends how fast it takes off."
History teaches you different, Foinavon is one example and a lot of dot coms although it worked for amazon it does not work for most.

Return to “Business Link”