Pasties & Pies

A Forum aimed at individuals or companies who can give or need advice about doing business in Bulgaria and related information and news.

Moderator: Moderator

Is this a Good Idea

Poll ended at Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:42 pm

Yes
64%
No
36%

Total votes: 28

PiemanBG

Pasties & Pies

Postby PiemanBG » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:42 pm

Hello All

I am thinking of offering Pasties & Pies for your enjoyment, here are some ideas, can you let me know if you would like Pasties & Pies, Traditionally made from ONLY fresh ingredients and no Preservatives.

The list is to give you an idea of what can be made, please indicate which you would be interested in, as I will start with a limited menu.

So can you let me know what you think, and what you would like!

Pasties:

Spicy Chicken
Spicy Lamb
Beef & Stilton
Cheese & Bacon
Chicken
Chicken & Bacon
Ham, Leek & Cheese
Lamb & Mint
Pork & Apple
Steak & Ale
Steak

Pies:

Meat & Potato
Beef steak
Mince and Onion
Cottage Pie
Chicken Curry
Steak and Mushroom
Steak and Cheese
Steak and Kidney
Lamb and Rosemary
Chicken and Mushroom

theweeton
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby theweeton » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:59 pm

Where are you.

lazysteve
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby lazysteve » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:42 pm

was doing to ask the same thing.

PiemanBG

Postby PiemanBG » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:41 am

Hi Thanks for taking the time to look at my post and give me feed back.

I am in Turgovishte region, my idea is to make the pies then delivery them once a month to different parts of the country where people want them.

So if people give me specific orders they will be Freshly hand made to order, and delivered to your town, giving you a supply lasting until the next monthly delivery.

1abroad

Postby 1abroad » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:45 am

Sounds good. Do you have a price list?

varnagirl
Super User!
Super User!

Postby varnagirl » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:00 pm

yes ...an idea of price would be good...

leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:37 pm

Given the spread of customers I think your profits would be swallowed up by transport costs and you should look at other delivery methods.

Be surprised if you could make anything other than pin money off this. Most of us full time residents make their own. Also I know from another expat here who tried supplying fresh cooked food items that the legislation and paperwork was a mountain to climb.

MarkMc
<b>Language Tutor</b>

Postby MarkMc » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:28 pm

Sounds delicious, with a good range too. Let me know if you decide to do it, will definitely give it a try. - Good luck as well

theweeton
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby theweeton » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:36 pm

Mountains are there to be climbed.
But as lee says distribution may be your biggest problem.

Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:15 pm

You might be better off selling into an existing supply system like www.andysfoods.com - Lord knows they need a decent pieman. However, this is no longer a home kitchen thing and you will need to meet some draconian food safety requirements. Do you have a blast freezer? You must be willing to invest fairly substantially from the get go because if you become even the smallest bit successful, some miserable bastard WILL grass you up to the health authorities. Perhaps you can borrow someone else's production facility for a couple of days a month? Certainly there will be a market amongst the expats of Sofia, with my personal piehole being one of them.

Return to “Business Link”