Pasties & Pies

A Forum aimed at individuals or companies who can give or need advice about doing business in Bulgaria and related information and news.

Moderator: Moderator

Is this a Good Idea

Poll ended at Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:42 pm

Yes
64%
No
36%

Total votes: 28

theweeton
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby theweeton » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:11 pm

One of the busiest restaurants in Russe is a Chinese, so much for taste buds.
Happys in Russe has more Bulgarian customers than tourists and they have Sushi :!: on the menu.

And yes city restaurants are not filled at weekends because their clients are visiting the baba's in the veg patches. It not like the U.K. full two days a week and empty monday to friday.

I must admit I did not know there were so many Mafia members in my area

Tiarnan
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Tiarnan » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:27 pm

Spantrout
I hope you are only referring to BMW drivers in Bulgaria.....though I know a few BMW drivers there who are great people....as our daughter drives one here in Ireland.
But imagine referring to people as di*sks just because of the car they drive.

aaron772

Postby aaron772 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:27 pm

I must admit I agree with theweeton on this one here in Sofia most the expensive Restaurants are busy at weekends as well as the Chinese ones and Indian, Arabic and French ones and its mostly Bulgarian's and unless my neighbors in our complex some 100+ Bulgarians are all mafia I don't agree with the car statement and even if you have a brand new range rover, Mercedes Porsche etc etc on the never never you must have some disposable income to get the finance in the first place. By the way my other half is Bulgarian and she like pies too as well as the very hot curries I give her on occasions,

shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shebry » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:34 pm

Tiarnan wrote:Spantrout
I hope you are only referring to BMW drivers in Bulgaria.....though I know a few BMW drivers there who are great people....as our daughter drives one here in Ireland.
But imagine referring to people as di*sks just because of the car they drive.

I think this topic should be renamed to BMW and AUDI because somewhere along the road the pies and pasties have got run over :lol:

PosabinaPete

Postby PosabinaPete » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:41 pm

I thought this thread was about pasties and pies. he wants to know if this is a good idea not about the cars or the life some people lead

MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:47 pm

PosabinaPete wrote:I thought this thread was about pasties and pies. he wants to know if this is a good idea not about the cars or the life some people lead

Totally agree. Please stay on topic as anything else will be deleted.

Mod 8)

spantrout
Super User!
Super User!

Postby spantrout » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:09 pm

Ok, just to let you know where I am,

I think the idea is sound, but this is the wrong country in which to implement it,

and for that reason, and that reason alone,

I'm out too!!!! :D

1abroad

Postby 1abroad » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:18 pm

Just two left then. But will they give him the money he needs. Next to declare his position is................

houseman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby houseman » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:21 pm

Good product from a UK perspective, good man, tricky market, tricky times, and the likelihood that if and when it takes off, someone with more cash and clout will elbow you out... :cry:
PS Please don't shoot the messenger!
:smt071

Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:00 pm

You might also want to consider the regional market, depending where you are based - quite a lot of expats up in Bucharest. And the tourist markets of Sofia, the coast and the sea resorts would happily sling a few in their freezers if they could make enough margin on them. With no competition and as long as you don't need an enormous income, there should be enough demand.

Return to “Business Link”