Bulgarian Postal service: prices etc.

A Forum aimed at individuals or companies who can give or need advice about doing business in Bulgaria and related information and news.

Moderator: Moderator

Fobby83

Bulgarian Postal service: prices etc.

Postby Fobby83 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:05 pm

I searched for a similar topic but couldn't find anything recent. Sorry if I have missed something.

I have recently set up an online business and will be selling most of my products (clothes and consumer electronics) to the UK. I need to find a cheap, reliable and cost effective way of getting the items from here to UK.

I have spoken to a few courier companies and the cheapest quote I have received is 30GBP for a package up to 2kg. Now if I was buying a coat for 30GBP I would NOT want to pay the same again just to get it to me.

I have also looked on the site for Bulgaria Post service. The prices seem OK but I am worried about how reliable the service is. Like I said before, I have looked at a couple of threads that mention this but they are from years ago and it would be nice to get an update on the situation.

Also I heard that it may be possible to get a discount as a regular user, does anybody know anything about this? I would be very interested to hear from people who are in a similar position to myself.

booboo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby booboo » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:14 pm

There is something somewhere on MYBG about this, however, see if this helps. The other topics are probably the place to post this request but that is down to the MOD. Rodz will assume that is a request to lock this topic (sorry that is a private/public joke if you read other topics :) )

Up to about 5kg I think tracked its about 35 or 38 lev though that was Germany - but I doubt it's hugely different. Anyway, you can switch the site to English but I think many of the price lists are in Bulgarian but fairly easy to follow.....

I noticed you said you had checked the BG post site (after I first replied so my apologies however IF IT IS tracked then you will be ok). And see my edit below for insurance cover so if it did go astray you would be covered. If it is tracked then you can be at least sure (99%) it's making it on to the plane.

so try this...

http://www.bgpost.bg/

or

http://www.bgpost.bg/?cid=3

£30 is waaay too much

Also speedy will collect from your door for a small additional fee or you can take it to a depot if you have one near.

Speedy is...

http://www.speedy.bg/

or

http://www.speedy.bg/?lang=en

IF YOU TRY either of the direct bulgarian language version in google chrome then you can translate it directly and it is pretty accurate. It opens one or 2 options that are not available in the english language versions.

http://www.google.co.uk/chrome/intl/en/ ... brand=GGRE

hope that helps

EDIT: It is slightly cheaper for none tracked. Some insurance is included, but you can add more for very low prices.

If you can't find what you need on the sites, then message here or PM me and I will find post you the direct link to the price lists you require. If you are at least reasonably average at negotiating the internet then you should not have any trouble, but that doesn't mean don't ask. WE are here to help.

Fobby83

Postby Fobby83 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:44 pm

Thanks booboo.

I have been trawling the internet for ages trying to find the right answer. I've looked over speedy's site several times. I think that would definitely be the best way to go if somebody was buying several things at once taking the weight closer to the 5kg mark. But the majority of the time I think I will be getting for 1 coat, or a childrens clothing set and it seems absurd to ask somebody pay over 10 GBP for P&P for those items alone.

I think for the smaller parcels I will go with the post office and get them tracked for the customers ease of mind as much as mine.

I have been looking at all the facts and figures but just wondered how accurate they were, time scale wise. I have now sent an email off to see if I can get a discount for regular use.
Anyway thank you for your help and an ultra speedy reply!
Mem

booboo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby booboo » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:58 pm

You are very welcome.

I think speedy has a minimum packet size, so if you sell a memory card forget it. But a coat should be bulky enough. As long as your prices for the article are good then you should be ok.

IN my opinion, you should DEFINITELY do all europe and consider the US. AND if the US why not further afield ish. Forget China/Japan etc as even we buy from there...lol....

They produce, but don't buy.

Fobby83

Postby Fobby83 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:37 pm

IN my opinion, you should DEFINITELY do all europe and consider the US

I completely agree. The reason I haven't done already is because I am an EXTREMELY small business (50 items in total). Just I have already had pre orders for some of my stock through facebook alone. Which means I dont have to pay the 10% ebay fees.

Hopefully though, this time next year, I will have a website and will be doing a lot of trade accross Europe and maybe putting plans into action for the US.

At the moment I just want to offer people a good deal and make enough money to re-invest in the business so that it can grow.

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:41 pm

Leedarkwoo - a regular poster here - has a mail order book service based in the Rhodopes. Ask her. Send a pm.

Return to “Business Link”