Tourism License

A Forum aimed at individuals or companies who can give or need advice about doing business in Bulgaria and related information and news.

Moderator: Moderator

Toz

Tourism License

Postby Toz » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:26 am

Hi,

We bought property in Bulgaria 2 years ago and would now like to generate an income. If we manage to offer accommodation (either B&B or small hostel), do we have to apply for a license before we set things in motion or do we have to be an up and running business before we can apply?

Any advice gratefully received.

Toz

joy

Postby joy » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:46 am

Hi Toz

We run a fully catered ski chalet, and as such you don't need a licence.

The tourist board inspects the property and gives it a star rating and a catorgory ie, hotel, guest house family house (that rents rooms) etc

The fire department also does an inspection and gives a certificate

You need to have a special cash register (this has all the company info programmed into it) and any monies taken have to be put through.

You basically have

Cash register
cash book (filled out daily with no income/amount taken)
Tourist registration book (you have to write all client details in it and take to the tourist board each month and pay a small tax per person per night)
Accountant!!!!

Any money put into business account can only be spent with a factoria (VAT) reciept (if you don't get a factoria you cannot use the money in your business account to pay for whatever)

Just think along the lines that monies in business account no longer belong to you (even if it is personal saving) they belong to the business (We made this mistake and as far as our accounts are concerned we have effectively taken money out of the business!!!! but we haven't we just didn't get factoris for all the building work that was done)

Think thats about it, just get a good accountant and talk it all through with them (if you have to open a new business bank account be aware it has to be registered within two weeks I think)

Our accountant gets all the documents required for renewing litchna carte ie vat, noi, actual status etc and we also pay him to do the book keeping of the company (I guess we could do this ourselves but working in a forgien country is obviously more difficult than in uk

Hope this helps

Joy

stevetheyorky
Super User!
Super User!

Postby stevetheyorky » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:24 am

joy wrote:

cash book (filled out daily with no income/amount taken)
Tourist registration book (you have to write all client details in it and take to the tourist board each month and pay a small tax per person per night)
Accountant!!!!

Joy

Thanks for that very useful info Joy - just one question how small is the tax per person?

steve

Pelican
Mega User!
Mega User!

Small Business

Postby Pelican » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:09 am

Hi, we're also opening a guesthouse up on the Danube and it struck me that a specific Small Business thread would be a good idea. To swap info and solutions. If anyone is interested PM me and maybe we can kick one off. :)

Toz

Postby Toz » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:27 pm

Hi Joy,

Thank you for the in-depth explanations of all that is required regarding tourism license. Sorry to bother you, but I just have one more question, if I were to have just occasional guests, perhaps only several times a year and the house was mainly used as our family holiday home, would I still have to register with the tourist board? I appreciate your time. Thank you very much.

Toz

leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:43 pm

I vote for the setting up a small business thread!

Lee

islavision
Super User!
Super User!

Postby islavision » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:30 pm

leedarkwood wrote:I vote for the setting up a small business thread!

Lee

Seconded

isla

leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:37 pm

does anyone know if we have to get some kind of 'change of use' for running our bookshop from a house?

Lee

phoenix2b
Super User!
Super User!

Postby phoenix2b » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:50 am

any one know about licenses and permissions needed to change a school into a place with rooms , gym etc & I am for the business exhange

Slaphead
Pig Headed

Postby Slaphead » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:41 am

Small business thread for me. Most people buying out here will do business of some sort or other.

Return to “Business Link”