Tourism License

A Forum aimed at individuals or companies who can give or need advice about doing business in Bulgaria and related information and news.

Moderator: Moderator

User avatar
Mega User!
Mega User!
Posts: 9517
Location: Clyde Estuary

Postby scot47 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:58 pm

You will have to pay for this. Like lunches, legal advice does not often come free.

User avatar
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>
Posts: 313
Location: Rochdale/Ruse

Postby indesec » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:13 pm

First of all we went to the municipality, the desk was marked as trade and tourism. They will give you a set of documents in which is written everything that needs to be done.

We filled this in and where told we had to go to the Hygienic department (Bulgarias version of enviromental health) to get a stamp.

We duly went to be told we did not need one.

We went back to the municipality to be told we did, so off again to the Hygienic department, who told us we did not, but because we have contacts there they agreed to visit us, and told us there was no certificate to give, after a few moments thought, he said we can check your electricity supply, I asked do we get a stamp, he said yes.

We took this stamped document back to the municipality, who didn`t even read it, saw the stamp, stamped the second document and voila we where a guest house.

On the funny side they did not know what a guest house was, he said we where too small to be a hotel, so we had to be a hostel, the legislation for this was going to be a nightmare so we suggested a guest-house, not knowing what one was he asked me to explain, which I did, and with disdain in his voice said who will stay there? anyways he agreed which effectively meant adding an accommodation type to his books.

We get checked monthly, which is fine, it costs nothing. We have to have a floorplan of the property on all 3 floors, and prices printed in Bulgarian and English in each room, also they stressed we must have a clock in the office.

If you need any other help please message me with contact details and we will do all we can via phone top make this painless for you,

Best regards

Steve and V

P.S V has just informed me that the charge was around 250 Leva 2 years ago, but every district is different.

User avatar
<b>Building Services</b>
Posts: 2163

Postby Chippy » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:43 am


I would like to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread and in particular to Indesec and Joy whose posts have been very useful. We opened our Guest House for business this Summer and the advice given saved us much time and hassle.

Return to “Business Link”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest