Timescale for setting a BG company

A Forum aimed at individuals or companies who can give or need advice about doing business in Bulgaria and related information and news.

Moderator: Moderator

carriemc
<b>Rental Agent</b>

Postby carriemc » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:53 am

You will find that most agents as well as lawyers in Bg can set up a company for you - but all fees vary, so be careful! The paperwork is fairly standard and straightforward so doesn't require huge expertise!

It would make things easier for you if you at least have the initial paperwork done to set up your company (you will need to have a business bank account as well), before you pay your deposit. You can then complete once your business is set up.

Caroline

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:21 pm

GREENDAY

You are going to have a lawyer in Sofia but buy in the provinces ? I would say it is better to have a lawyer near your property. Have you decided where to buy ?

Another factor to consider is that services like this are more expensive in Sofia. The lawyer recommended to you will certainly charge more than a similar one in a small town.
Last edited by scot47 on Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

womble

Postby womble » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:58 pm

just thinking about the company we all set up ,we only do this to buy property and land, so once we got what we want, what if you decide to close the company down?
surly it is not agaist any law to close a business down .

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:32 pm

To close the company you have to 'divest the company of its assets'. That means selling your house. Who are you going to sell it to ? Yourself ? But you are a foreigner and cannot legally own land ! You could set up another company and sell it to that !

Maybe it would be easier just to leave it as an asset of the company and declare no comercial activity ? Of course you can't do that if your visa is based on having a company !

Complicated innit ? Don't you wish you had bought in Spain ?
Last edited by scot47 on Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:50 pm

Its a catch 22 womble

carriemc
<b>Rental Agent</b>

Postby carriemc » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:09 pm

Its not that complicated! And no, I don't wish I had bought in Spain - it also has its own set of rules.

Caroline

shadrack
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shadrack » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:22 pm

there are not many countries with such a complicated set of rules.i am
sure in time and with e.u. entry things will be easier eventualy.rick

womble

Postby womble » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:48 pm

well i am glad i bought what i have and no you can keep your spain and your land grabs etc etc etc

Return to “Business Link”