Car boot in Malomir

Living in Bulgaria and arranging a local event? Announce and discuss them here!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
royalblew
Super User!
Super User!

Postby royalblew » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:09 pm

it is a good idea to have the sale inside the pub, as your customers are allowed to sit outside to drink, I would hate to see this venue close as we have invested a lot of time and money stocking our book exchange, we have just got new stock from uk that wasn't cheap, and we feel we are giving people a much needed service, we have made some nice friends while we have been doing malomir, and apart from that, we are not doing a street sale it is on property frontage, yes i can understand about the food regulations, food has to be safe,
I own a company as mos't brits do in Bulgaria, isn't that a licence to trade.
I hope this gets fixed pretty soon and we get back to normal , and I hope your opposition gets his just desserts. there should be a boycot at his business, this is not the way to win customers. we should all work together!!!!
what goes around comes around.
good luck mark and Vicky we are rooting for you.c'mon you Brits speak up !

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
markusandvicky
<b>Restaurant/Bar Proprietor</b>

malomir carboot sale

Postby markusandvicky » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:20 am

A BIG THANKS TO EVERY ONE FOR THEIR SUPPORT

We are not quite finished yet we have found 3 more avenues to go down
and one of them is holding the carboot inside our bar as it is big enough but we have to check out if we are allowed to do that unfortunately will not know the out come until next week so this sunday is a no no
Another is may be we should hit the mayor with a petition if we get enough English and bulgarians to sign it they may bring in a new by-law a lot quicker i will be talking to people later today about this and hopefully have one sorted out for the weekend

Belive me we are trying to come up with allsorts to keep the boot sale going hopefully we will solve the problem finger crossed

But our main problem is every thing has to be on the line as the main people in Yambol are fed up of this idiot complaining to them all the time and threatening to take it further

I would not normally put this but i agree with Royalblew in a boycott
I feel that any English person supporting that idiot is just as bad as him

On the plus side any one still wanting to come to the Yorkie bar on sunday we will be there as normal

So how about coming for an unofficial expat meeting at least you can have a natter with friends and talk about your weekly events

Iwill keep you all informed of any news as soon as i hear any

Cheers
and again
THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT

Mark & Vicky

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Lindy

Postby Lindy » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:12 am

what is happening now Mark?
Last edited by Lindy on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
hoover
Super User!
Super User!

hello

Postby hoover » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:41 am

hi everyone
although i have not had the chance to visit the car boot sale i want to see this event back on as soon as possible could you not apply for a umbrella licence and every one sell under this with it being for charity

we all want to see this car-boot sell back on asap

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
sheba
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby sheba » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:45 am

:D hello everybody,
this is ruffy in jack russell cafe-bar,In reply to the posting about the malomir carboot sale and the stupid accusation some ENGLISH PERSON.Ihave meeting the POLICE TUNDJA at 9am and meeting with the MAYOR IN MALOMIR at 11.30am.

The following FACTS are now to be made known to you all,NO ENGLISH was involved in any reporting the Mayor acted on complaits and the police acted on his advice.
The Mayor assures me that any one who wishes to know the situation you are all wecome to his office.
He will also supply me a written statement comfirming details,this I will post in JACK RUSSELL CAFE-BAR any one to read..
Looking forward to seeing you on SUNDAY :D :D :D

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
markusandvicky
<b>Restaurant/Bar Proprietor</b>

malomir carboot sale

Postby markusandvicky » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:54 am

YESSSSSS ITS ON AGAIN

THE MALOMIR CARBOOT WILL GO AHEAD THIS SUNDAY

WE HAVE CONFORMATION

ALL SELLERS CAN CONTINUE TO COME AS NORMAL

I will know the full details later i have just had a phone call from my good friend who has just come out from speaking to various people and there should be no restrictions in place

SO SEE YOU ALL ON SUNDAY
Last edited by markusandvicky on Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Cameo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Cameo » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:58 am

We were at the Yorkie bar last night and a very interesting thing happened. This Bulgarian man walked in, and went straight up to Mark (who was in the middle of the quiz) and the gentleman was really very vocal asking WHY WHY WHY was the car boot sale not on, why had it been stopped. He said that many Bulgarians also traded at that car boot, one even having a small factory in the area, and selling at the car boot was a very good outlet for him. Now, because of the car boots being stopped, these Bulgarians were facing a big financial loss to their much needed incomes, and many would suffer a poor winter if they could not earn any money on a regular basis. I think that we sometimes forget, that most of us ex pats sell at the car boots for a bit of 'pocket money' or for something to do on a Sunday morning where you can meet other Brits. But the Bulgarians who trade there are doing this to try to earn a much needed living. The Yorkie bar had provided a very good service to both Brits and Bulgarians alike, so well done to Mark and Vicky for that.

This guy last night was speaking up for the Bulgarians in the area. They want the car boot, in fact they NEED the car boot. Its common knowledge who got it stopped, despite their denials. The authorities have named this person, and said it was him who complained, as he had done many times in the past. A very sad individual indeed.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Cameo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Cameo » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:59 am

FAB FAB FAB FAB news. Well done Mark and Vicky. See you there. (you put that news up just as I was typing my last reply). Really pleased for you both. Im sure that all the people, Brits and Bulgarians will be really pleased at this news.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Lindy

Postby Lindy » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:23 am

EXCELLENT NEWS. Well done to you both. See you there

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
royalblew
Super User!
Super User!

Postby royalblew » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:19 pm

well done well done well done, you deserve to prosper!'we are definately going to be there on sunday, its a shame we don't live nearer to you or we would supprt you more often at your events,there are a lot of locals turn up for the car boot and I can see how that would help the local economy.it is always good to fight for what you want, no negative attitude here
best of luck

Return to “Ex-Pat Forum - including details of any Car Boot, Tabletop or Craft Sales”