Car boot in Malomir

Living in Bulgaria and arranging a local event? Announce and discuss them here!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
royalblew
Super User!
Super User!

Postby royalblew » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:27 pm

our book exchange will be at malomir on Sunday, we have lots of new stock including autobiographies. so don,t forget to bring your read books back so you can part exchange them.we look forward to seeing you all.
shirley

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
goodlife

Postby goodlife » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:22 pm

It is good to hear the car boot is back on, but slightly dampened enthusiasm. I am beginning to think that they should put a rope around the place and turn it into a boxing ring, I am saddened to read that Brits are acting as Brits and wherever they go trouble appears to follow, this is in my book is becoming an embarrassing place to be associated with, it is a never ending slagging match between (no Names)( two english people. Question is who is right who is wrong? I have stated before previously in this posting why they cannot just get on, as both areas in Malomir are good, they both have there individual "charm". I still attend the car boot on a regular basis, like to hear what people are saying and just general chit chat, it is nice to relax, is it not!
I don't believe in taking sides but if the other person wanted to do damage to Marks bar Im sure they would have jumped on the incident that happened a few weeks back, that could have turned really bad and fortunately that was quickly diffused.
I also have attended the ex pats meet, is mark moving it to the yorkie bar!!
Listen guys get on with it enjoy your life here in Bulgaria, enjoy your businesses whatever it may be, all have great success in that area, stop the bickering and acting like children.
Please remember just because we are in a foreign country, we still have to respect their rules with respect to running businesses etc.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
hoover
Super User!
Super User!

hello

Postby hoover » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:52 pm

hello
well done mark and vicky nice to see the carboot sale back on, and when i am over in bulgaria again i will make the trip to see it

hoover

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
markusandvicky
<b>Restaurant/Bar Proprietor</b>

malomir carboot sale

Postby markusandvicky » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:03 pm

Hi Goodlife

Yes we are over the moon that the carboot is back on and yet very saddened that events over the past couple of weeks have happened.

As for the expat meetings I think you may have read in to my previous posting wrong, all I was sugesting that if we could not have a carboot this Sunday why not still come just for the fun of it until we got the carboot sorted out.

The meetings are held by Brian and I have not spoken to him about changing the venue and have no intention of trying to set one up myself!

As for the carboot i am amazed at the response we have had and how quick things have moved. It may now be possible that a new by-law is passed within the next week which will sort the whole thing out for good.
This is all thanks to our friends and locals sticking together for something they believe in.

Again A Big Thank You

Mark & Vicky

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
tinkerbb2
Super User!
Super User!

carboot malomir

Postby tinkerbb2 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:37 am

This is good news, well done, let's hope there are more sellers coming
the last few times there have been a lot of buyers, so raid your wardrobes,
garages etc and make a shillin' or two.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Cameo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Cameo » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:40 pm

Shillin or two !!!!! Babs, you are showing your age dear. lol. That said, I have sorted out some stuff for this week too, had a bit of a clear out, and will be selling, probably a 'one off, for one week only' but who knows. I will have all my hand crafted birthday cards with me too (plug plug), so look forward to meeting up with old friends again.

TTFN. And see you all on Sunday.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Brandi

Postby Brandi » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Until I read this thread I was never quite convinced that British people could be (with few exceptions) anything but envious, vengeful, gossipy, hypocritical and small-minded in the extreme (and they did mention hypocrisy whilst studying English at school some 25 years back) 8)

I also never believed (actually I do) that Bulgarians can be such good neighbours, especially down that neck of the woods.

Congratulations on reinstituting the Boot Sale although the Mayor's arguments are all sadly correct and it is wildly optimistic to hope that bylaws would change just on the strength of what has transpired.

Really well done and well handled!!!!!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
samsky
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

CAR BOOT MALOMIR

Postby samsky » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:37 pm

Hi Everybody,
Well done to you both M&V.Glad to hear that commonsense has prevailed and that eventually hopefully everything will get back to normal and the car boot will remain the social gathering that eveybody looks forward to every fortnight(brits&bulgarians alike)to get together and have a good crack..
I cannot for the life of me (and beleive me i have tried)to understand the mentality of a person who would attempt to kiabosh this type of event purely because of past disagreements.I think this time he has really trod on too many toes and will suffer the consequences.
Bill&Babs.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
markusandvicky
<b>Restaurant/Bar Proprietor</b>

malomir carboot sale

Postby markusandvicky » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:05 pm

sheba wrote::D hello everybody,
this is ruffy in jack russell cafe-bar,In reply to the posting about the malomir carboot sale and the stupid accusation some ENGLISH PERSON.Ihave meeting the POLICE TUNDJA at 9am and meeting with the MAYOR IN MALOMIR at 11.30am.

The following FACTS are now to be made known to you all,NO ENGLISH was involved in any reporting the Mayor acted on complaits and the police acted on his advice.
The Mayor assures me that any one who wishes to know the situation you are all wecome to his office.
He will also supply me a written statement comfirming details,this I will post in JACK RUSSELL CAFE-BAR any one to read..
Looking forward to seeing you on SUNDAY :D :D :D

I did not intend to reply to this post, but in view of what i was told last night i feel i have no choice.

Firstly, the mayor of our village did not know the full extent of the situation until a couple of days ago. Because of this he has given a letter explaining no Brits were involved in making complaints to the authorities

Now, if you were to call in to the main office's in Yambol and speak to the inspectors, they will tell you it was a Brit and his wife. They will also tell you that they have had the same people complaining about the Yorkie Bar every week, for every thing they could think of and they are fed up of it all.

Also, through a reliable source, we have been told a certain English man in our village is just waiting for a deal to go through then they are moving on and in the meantime they intend to cause as much trouble as they can for Vicky and my self.

We are both fed up of all this stupidity!!!

Every time things just go quiet it all kicks off again. I have just spent the past week and a half trying to keep the car boot sale going and explaining to vicky why we should stay here in Bulgaria.

All i will say now, is there is always 2 sides to every story. Some people are blinkered and some are not.

As for this topic, this will be my last post.

All i ask is please come and support the Malomir car boot sale, especially this sunday. We want to show the authorities in Yambol what a great morning out it is for every one.

Hope to see you all there

Mark & Vicky

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Shep
<b>British/Speciality Food Supplier</b>

Patience !

Postby Shep » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:01 pm

Hi All

I don't want to get involved in all this but I have to say how professionally and quietly Mark & Vicky have handled this. Well done guys it has been a credit to you. It is a very sad thing that various Brits just can't live and let live ! Is it jealousy ? We should all be pulling together and helping each other .That is how success is achieved. One good thing though as any superstar will tell you..... there is no such thing as bad publicity ! I wish I was closer to Malomir, I would certainly be visiting.
Good luck with it all
A T B
Shep (Denis)
Undisputed Curry King !

Return to “Ex-Pat Forum - including details of any Car Boot, Tabletop or Craft Sales”