House Insurance arranged in the UK?

As it says - all of the financial stuff!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
DANNIA
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby DANNIA » Tue May 31, 2011 8:29 pm

DANNIA wrote:I just looked at the Underwood one Mod advised and under the terms and conditions, your house has to have built after 1985 :roll:

I emailed Underwood, and they replied that they have an alternative insurer that would be able to provide a quotation for Bulgarian Home owners who live here.
The name of the company on the form I was sent via email is TL RISK SOLUTIONS LIMITED.

Anyone heard of them?

Nikki

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
B52
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby B52 » Tue May 31, 2011 9:04 pm

Money.co.uk mention them…

http://www.money.co.uk/companies/TL-Risk-Solutions.htm

However, the first thing I selected…

TL Risk Solutions PremierExecutive (Building) Features & Benefits

...states “This product is only available to individuals who are permanent UK residents”

Their own website is…

http://www.tlrisksolutions.com/

Well, at least we have three months left on our policy with Intasure before we have to make a decision.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
DANNIA
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby DANNIA » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:48 pm

DANNIA wrote:Hi
I've just received a renewal quote from Intasure, we live here full time, so I don't understand why people aren't being renewed, or why I have been sent a letter if they don't cover BG?
Anyone else been renewed with them this year?
It says here HOME & Holiday Home
http://www.intasure.com/holiday-home-in ... -bulgaria/

Just as a side note Carriemc's claims with Intasure were for holiday home property NOT for main residence.

I just looked at the Underwood one Mod advised and under the terms and conditions, your house has to have built after 1985 :roll:

Nikki

I read on another forum we know, ;) that someone had challenged this decision after some members had said they had still managed to get insurance with Intasure, but if they made a claim they wouldn't insure them the following year, and they waited an hour then were told yes this was the new ruling.
So I emailed them last night and got a call from Helen this morning(who spoke to this person yesterday too) who agreed to renew our insurance on these terms.

So if you still need insurance, Intasure have now agreed yes they will cover you this year and I will have to presume every year until you have to make a claim, and then they will not continue to cover you.

Nikki

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shebry » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:42 pm

DANNIA wrote:
DANNIA wrote:Hi
I've just received a renewal quote from Intasure, we live here full time, so I don't understand why people aren't being renewed, or why I have been sent a letter if they don't cover BG?
Anyone else been renewed with them this year?
It says here HOME & Holiday Home
http://www.intasure.com/holiday-home-in ... -bulgaria/

Just as a side note Carriemc's claims with Intasure were for holiday home property NOT for main residence.

I just looked at the Underwood one Mod advised and under the terms and conditions, your house has to have built after 1985 :roll:

Nikki

I read on another forum we know, ;) that someone had challenged this decision after some members had said they had still managed to get insurance with Intasure, but if they made a claim they wouldn't insure them the following year, and they waited an hour then were told yes this was the new ruling.
So I emailed them last night and got a call from Helen this morning(who spoke to this person yesterday too) who agreed to renew our insurance on these terms.

So if you still need insurance, Intasure have now agreed yes they will cover you this year and I will have to presume every year until you have to make a claim, and then they will not continue to cover you.

Nikki

It seems to me that Intasure are playing games, they toss a coin, if it comes down heads they will insure you, if it comes down tails, hard luck, but then it could depend on who takes your call, obviously Helen sound like a good bet, if you got Andy Hale not so good, I have received letters from him and he can't even be bothered to sign them
On a personal note I can say that our unpaid claim is now in the hands of the Ombudsman and the FSA

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOONLIGHT

Postby MOONLIGHT » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:54 pm

All well and good, Dannia,but did they say they would pay out IF you made a claim?

regards

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
DANNIA
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby DANNIA » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:56 pm

Yes they would honour the claim they said.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shebry » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:09 pm

DANNIA wrote:Yes they would honour the claim they said.

Make sure you read every word in their forty four A4 page rules, regulations and terms and conditions (including the small print, because they will wriggle out of it if they can
They also claim that it is the false and inflated claims mainly by expats that has influenced their decisions
I hope you don't have to claim, but if you do good luck

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Hippyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Hippyboy » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:26 pm

With all due respect Shebry (and I do wish you luck with the ombudsman after all you've been through) but ALL insurance companies will do whatever they can to avoid paying out , that's why they have such tediously long terms & conditions in the hope that nobody will ever bother to really read them , and that somewhere in them there will be something to let them off the hook of paying out ; after all if they had to pay out on every reasonable claim they wouldn't make such vast profits , now would they ? They also have a nasty habit of making 'offers' way below the claim , which many people accept , either because they're desperate for the cash , or because they can't face trying to fight on for what they're really due . It may be that some people who are aware of this sharp practice try to pre-empt it by inflating their claims a bit , so that when they receive a 'measly' offer they can more 'happily' accept it ; ie. play them at their own game , but then you'ld hardly expect to hear them complaining about 'deflated claims' . It would be interesting to see what 'hard evidence' Intasure could produce to support their assertion that they have been the victim of 'a number' of false or inflated claims mainly by expats (in Bulgaria ?) and how this relates statistically (ie. no. of claims/no. of clients) to any other areas that they offer cover for . Either way Shebry , without going into all the ins and outs of your case , I suspect that had you informed them of your change of circumstances they would have refused to continue insuring Villa Rosa , and refused to pay out , and as you didn't , they took your money and are still refusing to pay out ; that's insurance companies for you ! Tim .

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shebry » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:48 pm

Hippyboy wrote:With all due respect Shebry (and I do wish you luck with the ombudsman after all you've been through) but ALL insurance companies will do whatever they can to avoid paying out , that's why they have such tediously long terms & conditions in the hope that nobody will ever bother to really read them , and that somewhere in them there will be something to let them off the hook of paying out ; after all if they had to pay out on every reasonable claim they wouldn't make such vast profits , now would they ? They also have a nasty habit of making 'offers' way below the claim , which many people accept , either because they're desperate for the cash , or because they can't face trying to fight on for what they're really due . It may be that some people who are aware of this sharp practice try to pre-empt it by inflating their claims a bit , so that when they receive a 'measly' offer they can more 'happily' accept it ; ie. play them at their own game , but then you'ld hardly expect to hear them complaining about 'deflated claims' . It would be interesting to see what 'hard evidence' Intasure could produce to support their assertion that they have been the victim of 'a number' of false or inflated claims mainly by expats (in Bulgaria ?) and how this relates statistically (ie. no. of claims/no. of clients) to any other areas that they offer cover for . Either way Shebry , without going into all the ins and outs of your case , I suspect that had you informed them of your change of circumstances they would have refused to continue insuring Villa Rosa , and refused to pay out , and as you didn't , they took your money and are still refusing to pay out ; that's insurance companies for you ! Tim .

Hi Tim
You have got nearly every thing spot on in your assesment of how Intasure and I suppose most other companies operate
By the way in was Villa Lorna not Rosa, it doesn't matter much to me but it might to the owners of Villa Rosa
Let's take a look at the comment you made about a change of circumstances. First of all let me just say every thing I did was done or, in this case not done on professional advice from our lawyer
In September 2008 when we found the villa had been illegally sold, had we told Intasure, would they have paid us out 100,00euro, we all know the answer to that, it would have been NO, and the reason it would have been NO is because they would have wanted proof and we would not have been in a position to prove any thing until 2 years later and 5 court cases on
Just assuming that Intasure had paid out and we got the villa back I would have had to pay them back all the money
Another thing I want to clear up is the fact that we never claimed for the loss of the villa, only for the fittings, fixtures, furniture, personal belongings and all the damage done to the villa, garden and pool

You also refer to this
'a number' of false or inflated claims mainly by expats (in Bulgaria ?) This statement was made by Mr Bisa Divesi the Varna loss adjustor, working for Lloyds of London through their Paris office. He gave me some examples of what some people do to try and con the insurance companies, and that is why Intasure have appeared to have black listed Bulgaria

The police in Bulgaria have told me that the insurance company should under normal circumstances pay me out and lay claim to everything that was stolen, but of course they won't do that because they know they won't get anywhere with the Bulgarian Authrorities

The final point I would like to make, before the first court hearing I was asked to take all the invoices to the police as evidence of what was in the villa. After we got the villa back and before we could get the keys the perpetrators gutted it, so I went back to the police to retrieve all the invoices to put with my insurance claim to be told the police never had them, they went to the prosecutor, so I went to the prosecutor to be told I have no idea what you are talking about, what invoices

It's all a scam it's collusion it's fraud, but I have not given in yet, and as far as Intasure are concerned they are using just two words Material fact is the reason for not paying out

When I put in the claim and even before the ink was dry I had a letter telling me that they would not be insuring me in the future and they would refund my two years premiums. It stinks

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
flowers

Postby flowers » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:53 am

well fingers up to intasure, i will canceling my policy, iv'e heard enough,
i made a claim last year my roof was dipping major problem,
they said it was because the house was old
they new how old the house was when they took my money,
they put it down to wear and tear
age related matter, the reason we take policys out is for protection but its pretty clear to me intasure are not going to pay up no matter what
hope the ombudsmen wipes the floor with this company,

Return to “Banking/Currency/Insurance/Mortgages”