House Insurance arranged in the UK?

As it says - all of the financial stuff!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shebry » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:11 am

flowers wrote:well fingers up to intasure, i will canceling my policy, iv'e heard enough,
i made a claim last year my roof was dipping major problem,
they said it was because the house was old
they new how old the house was when they took my money,
they put it down to wear and tear
age related matter, the reason we take policys out is for protection but its pretty clear to me intasure are not going to pay up no matter what
hope the ombudsmen wipes the floor with this company,

Well said flowers. they are more than happy to take our money but not the risks that go with the policy, it is a very one-sided situation and unless we fight for our rights they are always going to be the winners
Intasure is a dirty word in our household

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
gordonroy43
Super User!
Super User!

INTASURE

Postby gordonroy43 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:37 pm

Hi,

Had a reply from them on claims, if you are living there yes one claim only and no renewal next year.

If it is a holiday home then this does not apply.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Re: INTASURE

Postby shebry » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:20 pm

gordonroy43 wrote:Hi,

Had a reply from them on claims, if you are living there yes one claim only and no renewal next year.

If it is a holiday home then this does not apply.

Could this be classed as bribery, because if what you are saying is correct, Intasure are on a no lose situation
Let's look at this, we have a situation where the frying pan caught fire and did £2000 damage to the kitchen, so what do we do now because if we put in a claim we are not insured from the re-newal date, or do we say we want to be covered next year so we better forget the claim
Are Intasure not prepared to take any of the risks that go with a normal insurance policy, I thought insurance companies were there to quote a reasonably price for a reasonable risk, and put the price of cover up if you have a claim not tell you to get lost :(

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
spantrout
Super User!
Super User!

Postby spantrout » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:47 pm

Shebry, I think the principle objective of any business is to make money, sorry to burst your bubble mate.

You have a choice, use them, abuse them, lose them, alternately find a different company.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
spantrout
Super User!
Super User!

Postby spantrout » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:19 pm

Shebry wrote
Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:47 pm
Post subject: Intasure

parkersd I can't recommend the Company I am now insured with because I have not had to make a claim (thank goodness) yet, but I can say that I was very impressed with the way they conducted business to open the account/contract. An agent came to the villa on the Friday and did a complete Inventory, then came back on the Monday, took photographs and commenced pulling out all the major appliances to get the serial numbers. When I asked, why are you doing that, I want to confirm that they are your's and check them with your invoices. He also explained that in Bulgaria the perpetrators will always plead ignorance and have no knowledge of where the goods came from, that is why we take the serial numbers then there can be no dispute
The Company I am insured with now is DZI - General Insurance, Sofia
e-mail: general.ins@dzi.bg

Can I ask why you are now in a dilemma as to claim from intasure or not for £2000 of damage from a frying pan fire when you stated cleary on Sun Oct 10 2010 that you are now insured with DZI????????

I'm confused.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shebry » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:53 pm

spantrout wrote:Shebry, I think the principle objective of any business is to make money, sorry to burst your bubble mate.

You have a choice, use them, abuse them, lose them, alternately find a different company.

You haven't burst my bubble mate, for your information that was burst long ago, and with reference to your latest post

Can I ask why you are now in a dilemma as to claim from intasure or not for £2000 of damage from a frying pan fire when you stated cleary on Sun Oct 10 2010 that you are now insured with DZI????????

I'm confused.

You need not be confused as I was only using a hypothetical situation,
my loss was much much greater than that

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
spantrout
Super User!
Super User!

Postby spantrout » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:57 pm

i think it might be time you moved on from your loss rather than putting scenario's which are not disclaimed as hypothetical and leading people to believe they are true whilst serving your goal in life which seems to be to complain about a company you haven't used for at least 8 mths!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shebry » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:22 pm

spantrout wrote:i think it might be time you moved on from your loss rather than putting scenario's which are not disclaimed as hypothetical and leading people to believe they are true whilst serving your goal in life which seems to be to complain about a company you haven't used for at least 8 mths!

I agree mate, and for your information I have moved on a long way against all odds, and if you are going to print facts about my life could you quote true facts please
I haven't used Intasure, sorry that should read Intasure haven't used me for 15 months. I didn't cancell my policy, they did as soon as the claim went in for our gutted villa

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
GraemeandHelen

Postby GraemeandHelen » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:49 pm

I've had my doubts about Intasure mainly for the reasons stated in this thread. They do a lot of guest house/B&B work in the UK.
They are very keen to do business and will give owners groups commission or intro fees and even give individuals agency fees or special discounts. I rather wondered if you end up paying more doing ti that way than contacting them direct?
I think I will be looking elsewhere next year.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
grasshopper

Postby grasshopper » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:05 pm

my house insurance is just finishing with intasure, i'v read some bad reports on mybg about them so am searching options. does anyone have any good rec's . grasshopper

Return to “Banking/Currency/Insurance/Mortgages”