House Insurance arranged in the UK?

As it says - all of the financial stuff!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shebry » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:33 pm

grasshopper wrote:my house insurance is just finishing with intasure, i'v read some bad reports on mybg about them so am searching options. does anyone have any good rec's . grasshopper

It appears that they are more than happy to take your money, but you try and take theirs, they will wriggle out of it if they can, but then I suppose most insurance companies will do the same if they can

If you put in a claim as I know a number of people have, you will probably get a reply to the effect that they will not be insuring you in the future

As I have already said in a previous posting if you do insure with them, make sure you read all the small print in their 44 page policy document

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:48 pm

I use Intasure for both of my properties and I have nothing but good to say so far. They work pretty much 24/7, respond very quickly to enquiries and make several follow-up calls, even after you've signed up, to check that the policy is exactly what you wanted.

It's true that, like most insurance companies, they prefer clients to tell them about changes in material facts rather than concealing them for years and they do indeed reject claims for "damage" to property caused by normal ageing but, as Shebry says, it's always best to read a contract so you know what you're buying rather than assuming that you already know..... :wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
B52
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby B52 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:50 pm

We're in the same boat grasshopper and are going to check DZI out over the next couple of days.

As well as a hefty rise from Intasure, their policy with regard to monthly payments seems to have changed and we have received a "credit agreement" to sign, from some 3rd party, in that regard, that is quite laughable in it's content.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:28 pm

Is there an echo here? :wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shebry » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:08 pm

B52 wrote:We're in the same boat grasshopper and are going to check DZI out over the next couple of days.

As well as a hefty rise from Intasure, their policy with regard to monthly payments seems to have changed and we have received a "credit agreement" to sign, from some 3rd party, in that regard, that is quite laughable in it's content.

Hi B52
I am now with DZI and have just renew for the second year I was very impressed with the the man who came to the villa prior to insuring us. He took an inventory of everything, took photo's and pulled all the white goods out of the units to take down the serial number etc. The cost for one year is 382leva which converted is very much the same as Intasure. I can't comment on what they are like for paying out on a claim and I hope I never have to find out

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
spantrout
Super User!
Super User!

Postby spantrout » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:28 am

Shebry is that for house and contents?, and if so, what are the cover limits?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Nessie
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Nessie » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:11 am

Have you any contact details for DZI

Ta

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:43 am

spantrout wrote:Shebry is that for house and contents?, and if so, what are the cover limits?

And is it "New for Old" and "whatever it costs to rebuild" like the Intasure one is? :wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Insurance

Postby shebry » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:29 am

I'll answer the three above postings in one go

The cover is for 70K for the house and 20k for it's contents

The address is DZI, 3, Georgi Benkovski str, 1000, Sofia,
Tel:- 00359 2981 5799
I insured my house through the Shumen Office,