House Insurance arranged in the UK?

As it says - all of the financial stuff!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
spantrout
Super User!
Super User!

Postby spantrout » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:13 am

Shebry wrote
The cover is for 70K for the house and 20k for it's contents

Are we talking leva, euro or what?

If it's leva then that seems to me to be very expensive for not much cover.

In leva terms that would equate at today's exchange to be :-

£173 for the policy

£31,800 rebuild and £9,090 contents cover.

By comparison (regardless of personal opinion, and whether they pay or not in regards to a claim, or if they insure 2nd or main homes anymore)

Intasure policy I still have is :-

£174 for policy

£1,000,000 rebuild and £15,000 contents.

That by my very rough calculation is almost twice as expensive for DZI

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
gordonroy43
Super User!
Super User!

INTASURE

Postby gordonroy43 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:05 pm

Hi,

It could be that there are a lot of fraud cases on claims from people living there and why they have this clause, all insurance companies add or remove things in a clause after they start paying out a great deal.

They as stated are there to make money.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
spantrout
Super User!
Super User!

Postby spantrout » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:14 pm

Sorry to bring this one back to life but i got a bit of a surprise today.

Just been out walking the dogs and got back home to find some mail on the windscreen of my car.

It was from Intasure. I said to my g/f this will be the "dear john" saying we're sorry we can no longer insure your home as we only insure holiday homes now.

Imagine my surprise when I opened said letter to find it was a renewal quote, for an occupied home in BG. Now I'm confused! I was active in this thread a couple of months ago but can't be ars*d reading through everything again to check, but my understanding was that most people had received notice that their homes would not be insured anymore through Intasure as they were only covering holiday homes.

Am I right or am I going nuts?

Either way I'll call them next week to confirm things, as it stands I'm confused.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shebry » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:40 pm

spantrout wrote:Sorry to bring this one back to life but i got a bit of a surprise today.

Just been out walking the dogs and got back home to find some mail on the windscreen of my car.

It was from Intasure. I said to my g/f this will be the "dear john" saying we're sorry we can no longer insure your home as we only insure holiday homes now.

Imagine my surprise when I opened said letter to find it was a renewal quote, for an occupied home in BG. Now I'm confused! I was active in this thread a couple of months ago but can't be ars*d reading through everything again to check, but my understanding was that most people had received notice that their homes would not be insured anymore through Intasure as they were only covering holiday homes.

Am I right or am I going nuts?

Either way I'll call them next week to confirm things, as it stands I'm confused.

I think they are the one's who are confused. I know of some property owners who have been told get stuffed and others who have received renewal quotes which have almost doubled

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
spantrout
Super User!
Super User!

Postby spantrout » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:54 pm

just checked the policy, increase of £5.10

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Anni
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Anni » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:59 pm

Mine was about the same as yours Spantrout.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
DANNIA
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby DANNIA » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:37 pm

Mine hasn't increased much either, and when I asked, it is a case of they will cover you and pay out if you claim, however they will not cover you after, not sure if that means the following year or after the claim even if you have 6mths to go and have paid up for a full year, so maybe you can ask that when you call Spantrout??

It's something they changed around June this year.

Nikki

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shebry » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:53 pm

DANNIA wrote:Mine hasn't increased much either, and when I asked, it is a case of they will cover you and pay out if you claim, however they will not cover you after, not sure if that means the following year or after the claim even if you have 6mths to go and have paid up for a full year, so maybe you can ask that when you call Spantrout??

It's something they changed around June this year.

Nikki

This is what I meant when I said that they are confused themselves, it appears that all the staff don't bat on the same wicket
By your comment Nikki it appears that all the time you are paying them that is OK. If they have got to pay you, (a claim) that's it, they won't insure you in future, in other words they want their cake and eat it

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
DANNIA
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby DANNIA » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:58 pm

The important thing for me is that I am covered, and I wouldn't bother making a claim for small change so I would ensure I got my money's worth.
The problem is I don't yet trust Bulgarian companies to pay up anything half decent for a claim after what I have seen so far, so don't have a lot of choice when I do want to be covered.
:roll:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
B52
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby B52 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:58 pm

We got renewals for both our properties (mailed here) but at the same time we got a monthly debit "confirmation" from a third party credit company (with usurious terms) so we went with DZI instead.

Return to “Banking/Currency/Insurance/Mortgages”