PayPal - cheapest money transfer?

As it says - all of the financial stuff!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Photochick

Postby Photochick » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:51 pm

Ah...heres the paypal info page I was looking for :-)
https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/websc ... es-outside
The method Hampster discribes is how we set up our UK accounts. I wonder why we were told we can't withdraw direct to BG? Maybe its because its a business account? Last time I asked was a few months ago, so maybe the situation has changed. I hope so as it will make my life easier! :D

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
spantrout
Super User!
Super User!

Postby spantrout » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:07 pm

Hi Photochick

Send. Receive. Withdraw to a US Bank Account or a card.
Send and receive payments in these countries. Withdraw from your PayPal account to a US bank account. In addition, withdraw to a credit, debit or prepaid card in countries marked with a ().

This is from the link you just posted, note it says US BANK ACCOUNT only under there BG is listed, which in addition to the US account, money can be withdrawn here.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Photochick

Postby Photochick » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:00 pm

Yes - that how I read it too, but when I tried to set it up to my Bulbank business account 2 years ago Paypal said they couldn't do it - but only transfer to a credit, debit or prepaid card in BG. The problem with Paypal is that they have a huge call center and I find I can speak to 2 different people 10 mins apart and get different answers :?

We currently link our paypal account to our UK business bank as it is easier and cheaper for transfers (and tax) than our US account - but a BG paypal transfer would be better still :)

I'll ring them again tomorrow as it would certainly make my life easier and I am all for the easy life :wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
dje

Postby dje » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:11 pm

Will be interesting to see what comes of this - would be very handy for smaller payments - When I log in I only get the option to withdraw from UK or USA bank accounts. Looks like it may be worth looking into further.

I "asked Louise" on the Paypal website - "She" was no help what so ever. :(

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:04 am

Well I have tried loads of times to set up PayPal in Bulgaria, we have a business account and a private one also credit cards, but just cant seem to set the thing up, we are told that we cant do it from Bulgaria, it would make life so much easier for payments so if anyone has any joy please can you let me know

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
hamster
Super User!
Super User!

Postby hamster » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:29 am

Hi Oldtimer,

I have had a paypal acount in bg since 2009 and dont have any problems at all.

It is registered to my BG address and I hve my BG bank card (Visa Electron)on this as well.

I use ebay all the time and have not had any problems what so ever.

Cheers,

hamster

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:48 pm

:( You would'nt like to tell me how you did it would you :x as either I am doing something wrong or it just does not like me :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
steven1404

pay pall

Postby steven1404 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:16 pm

you can add a card to your account from any eu country if your account has been verified by pay pall ie your orig bank account and your home addy

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
AJ113
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby AJ113 » Thu May 05, 2011 11:05 pm

I have a bulgarian paypal account linked to a bulgarian bank and there is no problem withdrawing money.

The trick is to link the paypal account to the visa electron card, not the bank account itself.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
dje

Postby dje » Fri May 06, 2011 7:30 am

So do you need this 4 digit code mentioned in a previous post to do this?

My paypal account is currently linked to a UK bank account - when I try to add another I only get the option of another UK account or a USA bank account.

The instructions on their website, how to set this up, are not very helpful at all.

Return to “Banking/Currency/Insurance/Mortgages”