interest rates on BG deposit accounts?

As it says - all of the financial stuff!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
aseret77

interest on banks

Postby aseret77 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:38 pm

Hi all I have just come back from a fantastic trip to BG, bought a property from a very good company and best of all have just opened 2 accounts One for my Ltd Company which is being done for me and other half which we had to deposit 2 BG leva for the Ltd Company Account and 10 leva for admin charge. That was it have been told by others that we had to deposit 5000 leva! Have also opened up a joint personal savings account which we had to deposit 500 BAG leva as a minimum with NO maximum in order to get 8.25% straight away with no penalties if we need to with draw at anytime, access is online as well and if we keep it in it will mature to 12% after 1 year. There is NO lock in period either, Nationwide on our current account we got Zero % goodbye UK banking and it was so easy, the bank all spoke english and very helpful, just like UK banks used to be 30 years ago!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
B52
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby B52 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:42 pm

aseret77 said...
have been told by others that we had to deposit 5000 leva

That changed some time ago. There is information on this site about it. Some people don't/can't keep up-to-date and that is one of the benefits of having a forum like this.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
aseret77

Postby aseret77 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:29 pm

Hi B52, wasn't that a pop group or something?

Yes I realised that when i meet up with location.location.location.bulgaria a couple of weeks back. As they took me to open a Ltd Company Bank Account and asked me to deposit 2 leva in to it along with 10 leva for admin charges, i was going to deposit 5000 leva as told by another property company. But as L.L.L.BG (easier) are a British Christian Family property company who have been living out in BG for years, they told me that it had changed and now only 2 leva was needed, yippeei thought more spending money until they wised me up on the personal savings account that me and my partner could open up getting 8.25% straight away if we deposited 500 leva or more. So that was what we did, good honest helpful people and I still went shopping, boots, handbags, clothes, cost me though as was over weight when flying out, Ryanair where a nightmare on this point. Bye

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
tamarisk

Postby tamarisk » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:37 pm

Hi Aseret77

Can you tell us all which bank you opened the account with, as that sounds a very good interest rate?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
aseret77

Postby aseret77 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:51 pm

Hi tamarisk,

Yes for a small fee :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
lyn
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby lyn » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:24 am

aseret77 wrote:Hi tamarisk,

Why is it a secret? Surely naming it won't affect your investment - and aren't we all here to share information?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:20 am

Not just "very good" but pretty much too good to be true, I'd say :wink:

I'd guess it's one of those "high rates for a short time" deals to get the punters in and after a few months it drops dramatically; a lot of the banks seem to do that these days...

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
parkersd
Super User!
Super User!

Postby parkersd » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:25 am

We have been with the Alpha Bank for nearly 18 months now and their rates have been consistently good throughout.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
JL76

Postby JL76 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:27 am

aseret77 wrote:Hi tamarisk,

Perhaps it is a secret because it is not true: I don’t know if it is true or not, but I have checked every bank I can find in BG and First Investment seem to give the highest rates, and 3 months ago when I deposited money with them the highest rate they gave was 6%.

Last year I got 8.45%.

I have not checked recently but I will do.

Also I would really question a person who will only give out information for a fee.

Having met many liars and conmen mostly dealing with property, here in BG and other EU countries, I would think that this post have more to do with Location. BG than anything else.

The information below is either on their website or anyone can look it up via the internet.

Email: location.location.location.bg@gmail.com

cheap-bulgarian-properties.com
Creation Date........ 2005-06-15
Registration Date.... 2005-06-15
Expiry Date.......... 2011-06-15
Organisation Name.... adam ingrey
Organisation Address. 12
Organisation Address. water lane
Organisation Address. cambridge
Organisation Address. cb41nt
Organisation Address. cambs
Organisation Address. GREAT BRITAIN (UK)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Oscar
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Oscar » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:08 am

JL76 wrote:
Also I would really question a person who will only give out information for a fee.

Yep,they would make a fortune from you.

Return to “Banking/Currency/Insurance/Mortgages”