Bulgarian Direct Debit

As it says - all of the financial stuff!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Tiarnan
Mega User!
Mega User!

Bulgarian Direct Debit

Postby Tiarnan » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:37 am

Hi all
been told by a friend that if I set up a direct debit here in Bulgaria to pay my water and electric bills that not only am I charged....as in at home.....to set up the debit but each debit has a charge as well. As the property I,d be setting it up for has no one in it for 10 months of the year and hence no water or electric used I,d be paying more for the direct debits than the bills.
Is this the case or is there another way to do this. ?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:46 am

Forget direct debit in Bg. Make other arrangements.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Cameo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Cameo » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:53 am

If you have made a good friend of one of your Bulgarian neighbours, then you can leave money with them and they can pay it for you when they go to pay yours. No need to leave any documents with them for this, they just go to the post office on 'lekky pay day' and the lady there will have your bill. We have done this a couple of times when we have been back in the UK on the date that the bill is due in.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Tiarnan
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Tiarnan » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:53 pm

As I thought..forget the direct debit....thanks folks....circumstances mean we can,t have a local pay it....as we do in the house we live in if we are,nt here on bill payment day. Will sort something else out. :roll:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
theweeton
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby theweeton » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:23 pm

There are many people who offer non residents various services similar to your needs I am sure there will be one in your area. There may even be someone on this forum in your area who knows someone.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Tiarnan
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Tiarnan » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:06 pm

Theweeton
thanks but we are residents here....its another place we have which is,nt close enough to make going to pay bills every month worthwhile.....and to be honest as the place is empty 10 months of the year I,d pay someone MORE to pay the bill than the bill itself is.

Return to “Banking/Currency/Insurance/Mortgages”