hiscox / lark insurance - no more ??

As it says - all of the financial stuff!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:00 pm

I think we all know Shebry's views on Intasure - he hasn't made any secret of it! :lol:

The idea that having someone else living in one's property, having allegedly "bought" it from someone else who "bought" it from yet another person; being barred from entry to one's own property by changed locks, and having to embark on a series of legal actions to regain the property and have all these "sales" declared invalid isn't sufficiently "material" to declare to the insurance company is perhaps stretching a point beyond reason. I can't seriously imagine any insurance company paying out on a hazard they hadn't been informed about (over several years?) and loss adjusters are notorious for telling people anything they want to hear, since they see the "human face" of losses; however, they don't get to make the final decision.

Nonetheless, there are people on the forum who have had claims met by Intasure, so it's "pay your money and take your choice"......

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
flowers

Postby flowers » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:01 pm

shebry wrote:
tommonomore wrote:just for follow up info- i got a quote from intasure, which was an improvement on my previous cover through Lark/Hiscox so - their loss really and perhaps I should thank the
Ive got until May 01 but pretty sure its going to be Intasure fro me.. thanks all..
Tommo

Hi Tommo

All I will say to you and anybody else who are about to insure with Intasure, make sure that you read and digest every word in their 44 page A4 Policy Wording document

We have been refused a payout on the strength that they claim I did not report a material fact and that, in their eyes means I broke the contract so it voided my policy
The fact is that after we had our villa illegally stolen we continued paying the monthly premiums to Intasure on the advice of our lawyer because she maintained that we had never lost our villa because the transactions were corrupt and illegal
We were even told by the loss adjuster that he could see no reason why we should not get paid out and put forward a recommendation of £26.000 which was the amount it cost to completely re-furnish the whole villa

No, I would not recommend Intasure
i would not recommend intasure they wouldn,t pay up for my roof and it was caving in,they said the house was old, but they knew exactly how old the house was when they took my money,don't bother with them they won't pay up and i had building cover with them i had a valid claim and they didn't want to know

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shebry » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:11 pm

Seedy wrote:I think we all know Shebry's views on Intasure - he hasn't made any secret of it! :lol:

The idea that having someone else living in one's property, having allegedly "bought" it from someone else who "bought" it from yet another person; being barred from entry to one's own property by changed locks, and having to embark on a series of legal actions to regain the property and have all these "sales" declared invalid isn't sufficiently "material" to declare to the insurance company is perhaps stretching a point beyond reason. I can't seriously imagine any insurance company paying out on a hazard they hadn't been informed about (over several years?) and loss adjusters are notorious for telling people anything they want to hear, since they see the "human face" of losses; however, they don't get to make the final decision.

Nonetheless, there are people on the forum who have had claims met by Intasure, so it's "pay your money and take your choice"......

I think we all knew that anybody was going to reply to my posting seedy would and low and behold you have not let me down

One thing I am pleased about is that you used the word "allegedly" because you don't know all the true facts

Thank you flowers for your posting, it makes me happier to know I am not the only one to be let down by Intasure, and by the way seedy I do know of other people who have not renewed with them. I wonder why, you probably will have an answer
Cheers, Have a good evening

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:11 pm

flowers wrote:i would not recommend intasure they wouldn,t pay up for my roof and it was caving in,they said the house was old, but they knew exactly how old the house was when they took my money,don't bother with them they won't pay up and i had building cover with them i had a valid claim and they didn't want to know

Doesn't sound good, flowers - can you tell us a bit more?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
VickyC
Super User!
Super User!

Postby VickyC » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:18 pm

Intasure sent us a letter saying they would no longer renew our house building and contents from the due date in March this year, as they no longer cover Bulgaria for home owners.

Is there anyone else who they are covering in Bulgaria living here permanantly...wondering if its just because we had a dipute with them over a pay out which they then honoured when we threatened to go to the Ombudsman.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:40 pm

Not just you VickC... it seems it is no longer their policy (no pun intended :? ) to insure permanent homes of expats but holiday homes only.

See bottom of page here (and onwards):
http://www.mybulgaria.info/modules.php? ... e&start=91

Mod 8)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
weefrankie
Super User!
Super User!

Hiscox/Lark insurance - no more

Postby weefrankie » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:34 pm

I have had a letter from Itrasure as well, saying they would not renew our policy from September and we have had no claims. So it seems a bit peculiar that they are giving quotes to new applicants.

Wee Frankie

Return to “Banking/Currency/Insurance/Mortgages”