Carlton-Browne of the F.O.may rescue you.

As it says - all of the financial stuff!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
HenryKelly

Postby HenryKelly » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:37 pm

The FO will only help holidaymakers in BG not homeowners or those that actually permanently live here unless you are one of the many here pretending to be on holiday all the time.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:19 pm

Bl**dy hell, the Polish foreign secretary has made a speech in Berlin pleading with the Germans to head a federation in which the Member States will only have powers similar to States in the USA.

I'm not sure how the Polish armed forces will react to becoming State Troopers! Or whether Poland will welcome once more becoming a "Generalne Gubernatorstwo". Fortunately that guy with the shades who held steady in the 1980s is not dead yet.

Increasingly we are seeing politicians taking leave of their senses.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:22 pm

Yes, here's Djankov joining in.

He noted that if the Eurozone is replaced by a fiscal union as alternative, Bulgaria would be one of the 8 countries to be immediately admitted there.
"Eurozone could be extinct in 6 months" http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=134364

Dream on, dear chap, that fiscal union would be set up under a Schengen style "enhanced co-operation Agreement".

If Schengen won't admit Bulgaria the fiscal union would be unlikely to, either.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
booboo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby booboo » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:00 pm

Contact Seedy, he loves to send emails to various places complaining about frick all :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:30 pm

Well, Merkel turned up at the Elysee today in a Citroen the size of a tennis court with a modest German flag on it.

Insofar as you can believe anything they say, it looks like they plan a new Treaty of some sort between the Eurozone members (and anybody else who wants to come along) finalised by next March.

This will be music to the ears of Borisov who will be rubbing shoulders with the movers and shakers in Marseille mid-week, no doubt trumpeting the fact that he's had a budget golden rule in place for ages and will sign at the drop of a hat.

If two years in ERM2, convergence and all that stuff go by the board Bulgaria could be in the Euro next year.

Maybe it will, but the defining image of this week will be that of technocrat economist and Welfare Minister, Elsa Fornero, breaking down and being unable to utter the word "sacrifice" at an Italian Government Press Conference.

Some mainstream politicians in some countries must come up with an alternative. They can't all work for Goldman Sachs, can they? However, from the UK perspective it's beginning to look quite good. If the inmates of the Eurocamp start to try to tunnel out HMG's view is that it would be a disaster. If the FCO's stool pigeons pick up news of any such attempts details will probably be passed on to the Lagerkommandant. :wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:26 am

I'm the first to admit that I am no Economist or Financial Expert so I follow the posts in this thread with interest and trepidation. I even drew out a fair sized wedge of Lev on Friday just in case everything went breast up over the weekend.

However, behind all of the comings and goings, I just know that some already rich folk are going to make another mint out of all of this; you know the ones, the billionaire money traders, (one with a Greek surname springs to mind).

If you have ever been in a Goldman Sachs office, you'd know that some folk just have far too much money. There are/were priceless masterpieces on their walls when I last went. Unfortunately, they were too high up for me to get at them and security had made me leave my Stanley Knife at reception. :roll:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
qwerty
Super User!
Super User!

Postby qwerty » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:35 pm

According to the FT. there are now to be 2 separate EU rescue funds for the Euro....Making the current 440bn one bigger is too easy of course 8O

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Moodyblue

Postby Moodyblue » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:59 pm

Blimey ! This is all a bit apocalyptic, isn't it ? So this is how it all ends; not with a bang (well, not yet) but with a whimper...

I'm confused as to whether my euro sitting innocently in the bank, will suddenly become a strong German-type euro, or a measly and weedy Greek-type euro ?

And do I get a choice ?

Not usually a conspiracy theorist (more a "cock-up" theorist) but you might think that the latest S & P warning over the 7 (?) AAA countries being down-graded, was a US-inspired threat to get them to understand that they all sink or swim together, and NOT to split the eurozone into two...

Incidently, I understood that all the Bulgarian prostitutes in Germany were already fairly laid-back...

Of course, Germany and France are about to come up with a new treaty, but I reckon that all it will say, really, is "carry on but do what I say, and there will be punishments for naughty countries", but I think that's what it said before and F and G were the first two to break the rules, if I remember correctly.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
bigbulg
<b>Legal Services</b>

Postby bigbulg » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:36 am

Is it a sign of the times when there are homes for auction, on Ebay in the USA cheaper than in Bulgaria!!!!! 8O

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
lyn
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby lyn » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:41 am

bigbulg wrote:Is it a sign of the times when there are homes for auction, on Ebay in the USA cheaper than in Bulgaria!!!!! 8O

I'm afraid not. There have always been cheap homes available in the US - mostly repossessions. I have a friend who bought a four bedroomed home with pool in Texas in 2005, for $8,000.

Maybe if the proverbial hits the fan, we should all move there!

Return to “Banking/Currency/Insurance/Mortgages”