INTERNET BANKING IN BG

As it says - all of the financial stuff!

Moderator: Moderator

Cameo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Cameo » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:51 pm

Interested in watching this thread as Im with Postbank in Elhovo, but I have recently heard that they do internet banking which would be great for me, but to be honest dont know how to set it up from over here. Just did the telephone registering in the UK with Barclays. So any info on this greatly appreciated.

B52
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby B52 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:52 pm

Rubbertoe..Is it solely internet banking or do you need to visit a branch at all? Do you need lev or euro accounts? Do you need sole or joint accounts? Do you need savings account as well?

For example, Bulbank's online system is great, we have a joint account with them. but we don't have a branch anywhere near us. Same with First Investment (although we do have a branch currently being built nearby) and we have a euro account with them which incurs high charges, if we want to transfer money to lev accounts. Co-Op bank is great for online current account but we can't access our savings accounts with them online. Out of these banks Bulbank is the only one that charges us a monthly fee for online access.

Additionally, for First Investment we have to use a card reader for online access whereas we don't for Bulbank and Co-Op. However, with Co-Op I have to have a certificate on the device I am accessing it from, which makes it awkward when travelling without my laptop and having to use other sytems

Doesn't help you a lot I'm afraid but put together a list of your requirements and email as many banks as you can to get details of what they can offer you.

rubbertoe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby rubbertoe » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:54 pm

Thanks for the info B52 I will contact some of the banks and see what responses I get in return.

Cheers
Rubbertoe

lizrb1953

internet banking

Postby lizrb1953 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:07 pm

Postbank do internet bank ng

Dave

Postby Dave » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:16 pm

I have an internet bank account with Bulbank and need to make two payment in euros to different banks in BG. Not sure the best way to make the payments - the options I have are :-
1. Use Moneycorp - I used these before - at the time I had no bank account in BG and pay direct into the 2 accounts.

2. Transfer sterling to my BG account via internet banking and then transfer to the 2 different accounts.

3. Use Bank Transfer from my UK bank to the 2 BG accounts.

What are your experiences and advise ?

B52
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby B52 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:23 am

Dave, I don't know who you bank with in the U.K. but is 2 really an option? Also, I think that, although again it may depend on your bank, option 1 is always going to be a better deal than option 3, particularly if fairly large sums are involved.

owain
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby owain » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:12 am

Hi Dave,
Option 1 is probably the cheapest option but it's worth going to your bank to see if they can do a better deal. I transferred money a few months ago,I was going to use XE Trade but I went to my bank first (Barclays)and asked them if they could match them. They made 1 phone call and offered me a better deal.

Return to “Banking/Currency/Insurance/Mortgages”