INTERNET BANKING IN BG

As it says - all of the financial stuff!

Moderator: Moderator

Olly
Super User!
Super User!

Postbank

Postby Olly » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:04 pm

Hi Nikki,
Thanks for that! Will be going over and will suss all this out. This forum is fantastic I am finding out fantastic information and saving loads of time and money. Thank-you to everyone!
Olly

decmcc

Postby decmcc » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:29 pm

aavid wrote:My UK bank charges £21 to send money to my Bulgarian bank account. The amount is the same to send any amount. I think this charge is much the same who ever you bank with

From last June IBAN numbers were introduced in Bulgaria which makes it alot cheaper to transfer money. It previously cost me €20 each time but now its about €3.80.

soloinspain

Postby soloinspain » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:00 pm

aavid wrote:My UK bank charges £21 to send money to my Bulgarian bank account. The amount is the same to send any amount. I think this charge is much the same who ever you bank with

I use Sterling Exchange - I move £'s to them online, they move Euro to Bulgaria no charge, and they pay the UK banking charge too. They have even opened a euro account for me in London to 'hold' money.

Malky
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Malky » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:02 pm

Hi decmcc, excuse my ignorance, but what difference does the IBAN number make? We opened an account last June (05) and we are still getting charged £20+ for transfers.

Thanks

Malky

mosstod
Super User!
Super User!

internet banking

Postby mosstod » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:09 pm

Just as a matter of interest I use currency matters take the deal on the day rate wise so obviously if low we wait costs 10 pound and if the amount is around 7000 pound no charge

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:30 pm

Can you explain that, mosstod ?

bumpy

Postby bumpy » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:31 am

So, have a worked this out right? ... I open business account which can be closed after company is confirmed. I open a personal Postbank account whilst in BG setting up internet banking.

I open Moneybookers account (would paypal not be the same thing as I already have that?) also adding my BG account to the receiver list - for sending money from UK... when I want to pay money into BG account I just send email to myself with funds... accepting it into my BG account - would this be a cheaper option for transfering the money

KCM
Super User!
Super User!

Postby KCM » Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:43 pm

Bumpy - I think what you say is true, although I haven't tried it myself yet. Also, there is a limit in how much money you can transfer over. Dannia seems to be the one who knows most about this.

Nearest Postbank to Sunny Beach is at 79, Kianz Boris St, Pomorie, about 20 mins by car

There is a postbank in New Nessebar. I don't know if this is newly opened - but very conveninent for me since I have just opened an account with them.

I also have a Postbank debit card which can be used at ATM's all over the shop, including Sunny Beach and St. Vlas.

Ardleystar - how come you have got a debit card? Is this because you reside in Bulgaria? I asked if I could have a cashpoint card and they said I couldn't because I lived in the UK.

Beeban

Postby Beeban » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:51 pm

Many thanks fellow members for all the information regarding opening a bank account. We have decided to go for Postbank option.

We are there next weekend until Monday pm and would be grateful if anyone knows if the Postbank is open in Kavarna and Varna on Saturdays. I presume you just need your passport to open the account?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes
Hayley

Chippy
<b>Building Services</b>

Postby Chippy » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:55 pm

Both closed as far as I can remember!

Chippy

Return to “Banking/Currency/Insurance/Mortgages”