Paying bills in BG

As it says - all of the financial stuff!

Moderator: Moderator

ChrisF
Super User!
Super User!

Postby ChrisF » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:44 pm

Meter readings go to your supplier (EON, EVN, etc) who send bills to your post office.

Chris

fadsbg

Postby fadsbg » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:27 pm

I think you might find it depends on how far you are from the main town. We are only 4km from Dobrich and our village post office no longer accepts payment for EON (more like EOFF)

oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:38 pm

that could be the case with us that the post office now dont accept from EVN we are only 7kms for Nessebar, I would not worry about it, you find your bill in the end, or they just cut you off. :lol:

bagpuss
Super User!
Super User!

Postby bagpuss » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:49 pm

Howdy folks,

I have been in comunication with EVN for the last day or two about a bill which has just surfaced from 2006 and not been paid for 83 leva, I was cut off recentley before i got to Bulgaria for this 1 bill, even thiough I had been to the Evn offices in 2007 and paid up to date after getting cut off in 2007(thanks mr builder for plugging all your tools in and leaving the heaters on for the plaster to dry).I had to pay the bill to get reconnected along with 2 x 19 leva fees, 1 for reconnection and the other for same day connection. I have argued until I am blue in the face, but can't get anywhere .The lady was very nice and wrote/understood excellent English and claimed it was due to software improvements and this oversight has come to light nearly 3 years later. yeah but how can they get away with waiting 3 years and then asking for the money/cutting people off?Its not like I don't pay it, as my Kmet pays it (with the money I leave with them & receipts to prove) when a bill presented itself after the 2007 cut off. I was told by the kmet on arrival in May it was a big bill and they could not pay it from what I had left with them.......fair enough

However I did discover that the electric account could be credited with a deposit/ credit in advance by paying from the customers bank(me) direct to evn bank with the customer reference number linked to it. She confirmed it was not possible at the Evn offices. My bank (general societe express bank) has just informed me it will cost 0.50 leva per direct debit transaction, so that 2 ways to pay and NOT get cut off.
At last someone has seen sense.
Regards
B.

bigal66
Super User!
Super User!

Postby bigal66 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:56 pm

hi all,eventually got round to paying some bills after 2 years,and over 6 hours in the tax office and eon,amazed did not get cut off,saw the solicitor the day before and he checked to see if any nastly letters(none).
the solicitor had done the paperwork 2 yrs previous and paid the purchasse tax the day after purchasse which could be seen on the council tax office computer and had loads of papers but still decided not my bill and took 1/2 hour to convince them that i can and wanted to pay on the new price with the old owners name 29levi per year with interest.
eon wanted me to pay eventually but on there system i owed 7 lev for the first 7mths 180 fot the next yr and 140 for new year so ido not know why they did not cut me off??maybe because they thought i was a local??
the water opened up and had a swimming pool,so difinately not read and still to sort out,
apparently there is a lady that comes round the village on the 20th of each month to collect bills so my nieghbor told when his son was there.
i am in the askovo area.
the councill lady actually thought there was a lady who went roundthe village so not just everything on numbers in bulgaria,but without numbers on accounts your totally knackered.

Return to “Banking/Currency/Insurance/Mortgages”