Language course needed, please write here:

Tips and advice on learning Bulgarian

Moderator: Moderator

Cabbage
<b>Lawyer</b>

Postby Cabbage » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:41 pm

I would help with the Bulgarian those who would help me with the English. This could be done over the skype or – for those of you who live in Sofia – it could be done face to face. One way to do this would be me to correct you speaking Bulgarian for – say – 5 minutes and then you to correct me likewise. Or it could be done in other ways, I’m open to suggestions. I’m a Bulgarian. It can’t get any more practical than this, can it?

poppettreasure

Postby poppettreasure » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:36 pm

there is a new bulgarian course starting in Bedfordshire in January 08 if there are enough of us signed up. last i heard we needed one more to make it viable. Course is at hastingbury school kempston, so come on all you budding linguists join up :lol:

stewarty
drunken lout

Postby stewarty » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:20 pm

Hi Cabbage,

A great offer and i`m sure you will be inundated with many replies.
My Project manager is Bulgarian, speaks perfect English and has difficulty undertstanding me via verbal skype conversations!
Have you spoken with a Brit/irish with strong accent/Dialect before?

stewarty

Cabbage
<b>Lawyer</b>

Postby Cabbage » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:01 am

Thanks Stewarty!
No, I haven’t. I’m used to BBC world service and this – of course – is easy to understand. But the harder to understand, the more helpful it should be as a calm sea does not make a skilled sailor.
:)

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:10 am

Bulgarians. who have studied English for years are often surprised when they meet 'real' English, Irish, Scots. It is a shock to discover that so many do not speak 'Standard English' !

There should be more courses in Dialectology and non-Standard English at university level

mastylo
<b>Language Tutor</b>

Postby mastylo » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:45 am

The same shock for the foreigners who bought property in the country. In fact, it`s a shock even for us, since there are so many dialects in this small country. However, language is not the only way for understanding in a face to face communication. It`s almost the same on Skype, if there are webcams. And it`s a great fun! Check out here: http://www.mastylo.net/dudek2.JPG and here: http://www.mastylo.net/dudek.JPG

izitbcoziizblack

Postby izitbcoziizblack » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:56 am

I am hoping to find some Bulgarians whom live in or around Sliven who are trying to learn English. I am in need of much practise and am hoping to help each other learn.
Cheers Tony.

Return to “Learn the Language”