Twin Verbs and the simple future tense.

Tips and advice on learning Bulgarian

Moderator: Moderator

balkankiwi
Super User!
Super User!

Postby balkankiwi » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:25 pm

eureka wrote:Thanks everyone.

I was hoping that I could just quickly change to Cyrillic for those odd times when I wanted to type Bulgarian words.

Following my suggestion, you'll be able to do exactly that, once you've learned where the Cyrillic keys are. That's where a separate Cyrillic keyboard will help you in the first instance.

eureka
Super User!
Super User!

Postby eureka » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:33 pm

Thanks Balkankiwi.

I will follow your suggestion.

In the meantime, I'm trying to remember where the latin letters are on my keyboard :D . Typing is not my forte, but I am getting better, malko po malko (could have typed that in Cyrillic if I had my new keyboard).
Last edited by eureka on Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brandi

Postby Brandi » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:35 pm

Mind the fact that Cyrillic is NOT the same on XP and Vista. Assuming that it is may have rather disatrous results (typing-wise).
Last edited by Brandi on Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

B52
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby B52 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:00 pm

Eureka said
I was hoping that I could just quickly change to Cyrillic for those odd times when I wanted to type Bulgarian words.

Then the Character Map option I mentioned earlier is ideal. You could have it sitting there running in the background for those odd times. No need to worry about "language" or "keyboard".

Another possible option is to have the Google Translate web page up and translate the word from English to Bulgarian and then copy and paste the translation.

Another option is to have the character sets in a Word file, bring that up, construct the words by copying/pasting the characters (I use this in graphics software that doesn’t support the appropriate Unicode characters). You could even assign macros to the characters so you could type them with your regular keyboard.

There are a myriad ways of doing it. It’s all about what you get used to.

This seems to be a more extreme option, hooking up a keyboard to a laptop just for those odd occasions.

Not at all, buy the 7 leva keyboard, plug in a mouse as well and get a monitor cable and hook it up to your TV, sit back and relax.

Return to “Learn the Language”