Cyrillic Keyboard Stickers

Tips and advice on learning Bulgarian

Moderator: Moderator

lyn
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby lyn » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:27 pm

Are the Latin letters qwerty? If so download the Medotii layout as it is basically qwerty so if you type an 's' in the BG mode, it will come out as a 'с' etc!

stewarty
drunken lout

Postby stewarty » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:22 pm

Hi Lyn

I downloaded the medotii layout but it still makes no differance as the cyrillic letters are not the ones when typed out as indicated on my pc!

Thanks anyway

Stewarty

lyn
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby lyn » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:17 am

stewarty wrote:Hi Lyn

I downloaded the medotii layout but it still makes no differance as the cyrillic letters are not the ones when typed out as indicated on my pc!

Thanks anyway

Stewarty

Don't look at the cyrillic letters on your keyboard (ignore them totally) - look at the Latin letters. If you hit an 'L' you will get a 'Л' :lol:

Milka
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Milka » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:36 am

Hi Stewarty,

I wonder if you have the correct language selected for the keyboard in your operating software.

I'm using a keyboard with both English and Bulgarian layouts on the keys. I switch between the English keyboard and the Bulgarian keyboard by clicking on the correct icon on my Task Bar. I had to set up (I'm still using XP!) the ability to use the Bulgarian keyboard through the Control Panel.

I'm sure there was a post some years back where people were having problems with typing the letters they wanted and the suggestion was to try out some of the other Cyrillic language options.

To find the language options in XP select the following icons:
My Computer
Control Panel
Date/Time/Languages
Regional & Language Options
Languages
Details
Add

M

Return to “Learn the Language”