Tool for Translating Foreign Websites into English

Tips and advice on learning Bulgarian

Moderator: Moderator

MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Tool for Translating Foreign Websites into English

Postby MOD » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:47 am

For those websites that do not have an English option built in there is an easy way for nearly all foreign websites to be translated into English, albeit sometimes in a very basic manner...

Download Google Translate here:
http://translate.google.com/?hl=en#
Under the light blue 'Translation Tools' heading click 'Get translation tools now'
On the new page that opens scroll down to 'Get 1-click translations from your browser's toolbar' and select 'English'. When asked, add it to your Favourites.

Now, to view a foreign site in English, we find the best option detailed below:

1) Open the website in question and then open it again in another window so you have it twice over on your pc (so that you can click between the two).

2) On one of those pages, go to your Favourites and click your new 'English' link.

Now you should be able to compare the two sites and work out the translation. On most sites the English bit keeps working even if you click to a new page, a new option or something from a dropdown box. Just do the same on the corresponding foreign site to keep up with the translated text. Easy once you've got the hang of it and we use it all the time!

Not everything comes out as a perfect translation but it's usually enough to understand and get by...!:wink:

Mod 8)

TRESAN12

Postby TRESAN12 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:26 am

HI EVERYONE

I AM A NEW USER TO MB FORUM BUT I WOULD LIKE SOMEONE TO EXPLAIN HOW TO OPERATE GOOGLE FREE TRANSLATION SERVICE TO ME USING THE UPLOAD FEATURE AS SHOWN ON THEIR WEB SITE. I HAVE SOME LETTERS TO TRANSLATE AND I AM GETTING IN ALL SORTS OF TROUBLE ATTEMPTING THIS PROCEDURE. IF ANYONE KNOWS THE CORRECT PROCEDURE FROM SCANNING THROUGH TO SAVING AT THE END I WOULD BE MOST OBLIGED.

MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:35 am

http://translate.google.com/translate_t?hl=en#

If the letters are saved as WORD documents (or equivilent) on your computer just click 'upload a document' on the link above. (Not sure if it copes with scanned doc's though - you'd have to try to it find out!)

Once you have the translation highlight the text with your cursor and 'copy', then paste it to another document you can save to you PC.

8) :wink:

Return to “Learn the Language”