Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:47 am

Treat yourself to a set of these (or similar):

cgi.ebay.co.uk/Laminated-Cyrillic-Keyboard-Stickers-for-PC-LAPTOP

Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:48 am

bphirst50 wrote:Seems ok but could it be a dating site in disguise?

It's sounding better and better..... :wink: :oops:

skaviva
<b>Language Tutor/Translations</b>

Postby skaviva » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:59 pm

My experience with this site is that a native speaker sends you a message, saying "there seem to be a mistake in exercise 2" but they never mentioned how I should have written it, so I gave up trying to learn Spanish on it.
When you make mistakes, you want to know where you went wrong, right?

HolidayGirl
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby HolidayGirl » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:25 pm

Hi Skaviva. That's a real shame that you weren't given constructive feedback. When I first joined, the site gave me some suggested people to add as contacts - native Bulgarian speakers who are trying to improve their English. I added some of these as friends and they are the ones who often provide feedback. They are doing a great job as they are really specific about my errors, particularly with pronunciation and which syllables should be stressed. I can also send them direct messages if I come across a problem during a lesson. A recent example is that one lesson used three different words for towels so I asked one of the people about this. Maybe it's a bit of pot luck if you get people who make an effort to help you properly.

camilla

livemocha

Postby camilla » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:59 pm

Busta wrote:Just spent the last couple of hours on Lesson 1. Really enjoyed it and it seems a good place to start.

Thanks for sharing the site with us.

Regards

Busta

Ps.............no one tried to chat me up when I was on there!!! :lol:

Well they have me. i joined a couple of days ago and a 29 year old from delhi, who didnt need english lessons gave me some very useful advice. i am 65 and he saw my foto. . camilla

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:33 pm

For info:- Although I registered and never actually used it, I have just received this email from Livemocha (Rosetta Stone)

"As a Livemocha member and a language enthusiast, you’ve helped build a very special community. Over the past number of years, Livemocha has sparked countless conversations and connections among millions of language lovers around the world.

Unfortunately, the Livemocha community will close permanently on Friday, April 22, 2016, and you will no longer be able to access your account after that date.

We highly encourage you to remain engaged, make friends, use those remaining beans, and build life long memories with us for the next few weeks.

Because we appreciate you and remain committed to your language learning success we invite you to download our award winning mobile application; Learn Languages with Rosetta Stone from any of these leading application stores for free and try any of the 24 languages it offers:

Apple App Store, Google Play Store, Amazon App Store

Don’t worry if you are still on a traditional computer - try this.

And because we truly believe in changing the way the world learns languages here’s a special offer for you – don’t delay, claim today!

We have some very exciting things planned for our language learning suite and we hope you will choose to stay with us through this journey."

truckyboy
Super User!
Super User!

languages

Postby truckyboy » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:15 pm

Sadly it is closing on the 22 April..but is redirecting you to rosetta stone, which is a fee paying site..so good luck with that. There are other BG learning sites you can opt into, but i dont need them as my wife is Bulgarian, and i have enough to get by.

Return to “Learn the Language”